Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Studebaker do women like most? (now w/ pix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Studebaker do women like most? (now w/ pix)

I realize that's perhaps too general of a question, and my apologies to women who are really into Studebakers. But here goes....

I know a woman who has no knowledge of what a Studebaker looks like, being that she's too young to remember them. In an effort to show her that they are beautiful cars (and that she should consider owning one someday) I presented her with six photos of different Studes, all painted in her favorite color, RED.

Here are the cars I showed her. Guess which one she liked most? Is it the one most women like most, when they've had no prior knowledge of Studebakers?

1950 Convertible

1953 Starliner (red body, white top)

1954 Starlight Coupe (specifically, a photo of Dave Lester's "Sheba")

1960 Lark VIII Convertible

1962 Lark Convertible

1963 Avanti

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

I'll guess the 50 convertible. As to the Avanti, I got the nastiest comment from a woman that said it was the ugliest car she's ever seen.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date
    $60,222.25
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 Scotsman
    54 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'll guess the 50 convertible. As to the Avanti, I got the nastiest comment from a woman that said it was the ugliest car she's ever seen.

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT cost to date
      $60,222.25
      63 GT Hawk
      63 Lark 2 door
      59 Scotsman
      54 Starlight
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I got the nastiest comment from a woman that said it was the ugliest car she's ever seen.
        An Avanti seems to be a "love it or hate it" sort of car. Those who like them can't figure out why EVERYBODY doesn't like them, and those that hate them can't figure out why anybody would own one [:0].

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I got the nastiest comment from a woman that said it was the ugliest car she's ever seen.
          An Avanti seems to be a "love it or hate it" sort of car. Those who like them can't figure out why EVERYBODY doesn't like them, and those that hate them can't figure out why anybody would own one [:0].

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Most women i know seem to like the lark they are little and cute

Erin Hays
            "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
            RZRECTD
            1961 Hawk
            1962 Lark
            1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Most women i know seem to like the lark they are little and cute

Erin Hays
              "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
              RZRECTD
              1961 Hawk
              1962 Lark
              1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Yes, they like Larks.
                However, never more comments and looks from women than when I had a black 63 Gran Turismo. Even more attention than from men.

Comment

Yes, they like Larks.
                  However, never more comments and looks from women than when I had a black 63 Gran Turismo. Even more attention than from men.

Comment

My customized '53 Studebird was painted red with white top about 50 years ago by my wife's father and uncle. Needless to say we are keeping the same colors in our repainting. She loves the look and so do I.

Tim-Yuma, AZ
                    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

My customized '53 Studebird was painted red with white top about 50 years ago by my wife's father and uncle. Needless to say we are keeping the same colors in our repainting. She loves the look and so do I.

Tim-Yuma, AZ
                      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

My wife says there will never be an Avanti at our house, because it looks "unhappy". A Lark looks happier to her. Has to do with the underbumper valance, and grill, I guess. It is all "womanomics" to me.

Comment

My wife says there will never be an Avanti at our house, because it looks "unhappy". A Lark looks happier to her. Has to do with the underbumper valance, and grill, I guess. It is all "womanomics" to me.

Comment

My wife doesn't like Avantis, and thinks the 53's and 54's (hardtops and coupes) are "OK". She likes 1963 Cruisers best for looks, but also likes 1947-49 Studebakers and some of the prewar ones, too.

I have 1962 Hawk which she seems to like the looks of. I think she's ridden in it once. My mom likes my hawk for sure.
                            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

My wife doesn't like Avantis, and thinks the 53's and 54's (hardtops and coupes) are "OK". She likes 1963 Cruisers best for looks, but also likes 1947-49 Studebakers and some of the prewar ones, too.

I have 1962 Hawk which she seems to like the looks of. I think she's ridden in it once. My mom likes my hawk for sure.
                              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                              X