Yellow Avanti in Pawleys Island, South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Avanti in Pawleys Island, South Carolina

My wife and I are visiting family in Pawleys Island and I have twice seen a light yellow Avanti parked by a nearby tennis court. I have not had a chance to get real close to it, but it has square headlights and a luggage rack on the trunk. I cannot say if it is Studebaker Avanti or an Avanti II. (It does have chrome bumpers) Does this belong to anyone on this forum or does anybody know who it might belong to? The yellow paint is very interesting, I have never seen an Avanti this color before. It is rather refreshing looking.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

There was a yellow Avanti II on Ebay about a year ago with a mustard yellow interior, reportedly built for one of the Altman wives. I would think it may have been a 1 of 1 with that color combo, but I've have seen pics of a lighter yellow with a much more pleasing brown interior.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I did not get close enough to see the interior. Ushering grand kids around was taking up my time. The car was at the tennis courts again today as my wife and I were leaving for home.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
      X