Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help to identify this employee badge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help to identify this employee badge...

Hey guys i have a pretty good size employee badge collection but this is my newest. I am curious if you can help me figure out its history.

i didn't think Packard ever had a plant in Indianapolis.

could it be an unrelated company or maybe a side plant to make some opponents.

ANY history would be awesome. the background of a badge make it more important.

Picture link below

thanks

I have a reasonable collection of Studebaker employee badges but have not seen this Packard variety. Congratulations on picking it up & thanks for sharing on the Forum

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Do not believe it is directly connected to the Packard Motor Car Company.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

The Packard Manufacturing Corp was run by the Capehart family and made electrical devices such as juke boxes and later became known as Enterprise Industries, Inc.

Comment

Would that be the same company that made the spark plug wires JC Whitney
          made famous?
          I say that because I'd never heard of Packard wires before I saw the listing in the JC Whitney catalog back in the early 70s.

Comment

The Packard Electric Company was formed in Warren, Ohio, in 1890 and initially produced incandescent light bulbs. Branching out to automobiles, it built the first Packard motor car in 1899. The Packard Motor Car Company was split off from Packard Electric in 1902 and Packard Electric began focusing more and more of its business on automotive components. Packard Electric became part of General Motors in 1932. By the 1980s, it was the industry's leading producer of wire harnesses and other electrical automotive components. It became part of Delphi Automotive Systems in 1995. Today known as Delphi Packard Electric Systems, it remains part of Delphi Automotive Systems, which was spun off from GM in 1999.

But wait! That Packard is/was not the Indianapolis Packard. The Indy Packard is the one Guido referred to - making juke boxes and slot machines and such.

The GM Packard - I just received a metal box that was an assortment container of Packard wire terminals. My late Father-in-law had been parts manager at an Olds dealership for most of his working life and this box was among the many things in his home garage.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

In this link there is a reference to The Packard Manufacturing Co in Indianapolis.

We're busy getting our new website ready to launch. Please check back by on 1/2/23 to see the exciting new updates!

Robert Kapteyn
              Last edited by rkapteyn; 09-11-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X