Colour codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Colour codes

I was hoping someone can help me out here. I'm pretty sure my 56 flighthawk was sunglow gold. The problem I have I can't get that colour mixed anymore. I went through paint chips at the paint store an it looks like 1983 almond looked the same until I looked at the colour again on my iPad. Does anyone know what colour would be the closest to original sunglow gold. Thanks for any help
    John

This might be your best bet

Comment

I am concerned with your "I'm pretty sure..." comment. Check the exterior, bottom of your glove box for a paint label. If you do not have that, check your car's build sheet (from the SNM). This is asuming that your car still has original paint or at least a re-paint in the original color.

Just get the color that you want matched. Why settle for some other close color?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If that is a Canadian built car there is no build sheet available. The build sheet from about 1945-60 were accidentally destroyed.

Terry

Comment

After looking at the link I was sent the colour isn't sunglow gold it has to be Yellowstone it is painted yellow under the door panels. It is a Canadian car so there is no record of a build sheet. Also I looked all around the glove box for a number but no luck. The problem is in canada cause of new paint laws they can't mix it from the old colour map. I called PPG they said two years ago they could but not now but in the states they can still do it. I painted this car a year ago and I went to do touch ups this year a trunk an door an the shade is way off. I went back an complained they mixed new paint using stuff they can't sell in Canada anymore took it home repainted an it's still wrong. So I was trying to find the right colour an repaint the whole car again next spring

Comment

TPC Global has what you need.

Comment

I think that's my best bet is get the paint from the states than I know it's right

Comment

Just got off the phone with TCP Global and this is the best route to go thanks a lot for the link. It's to bad I won't have time to repaint this year but come next year I will order from there. I should of asked the shelf life on paint if you don't open it ?

Comment

Working...
                X