Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Back up lights.

Hi All:
    Just bought a pair of back up lights for my '50 Champion Starlight. They look like new with super chrome and finned glass lenses. NOW, does anyone have a template for installing the lights. I have messed about with placing them but not sure just where...
    Also i'm looking for a set, four, escutcheons for the inner handles on my car. Stude International says they have them but when I try ordering them they say not found. Spelling is OK.
    Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Frank S from Kansas

here's a pic of the rear end of my '51. i'm not totally sure the placement is the same that is on a '50, but think so:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20140522_142808.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1691995

the escutcheon part# is: 289191X3. I see it in the Studebaker Int'l but escutcheon is spelled ESCUTHEONS online.

i'm sure other vendors here may have them or type in the part# online at Studebaker International.

hope this helps!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Frank,
      If you explore the Studebaker Drivers Club home page you will find a link to "Resources" and a drop down menu to "Tech Tips". Immediately after "Stainless Restoration" is listed "SDC Studebaker Template Collection".
      The SDC home page is a huge resource for those who wish to explore it. A quick link is supplied at the top of every forum page.
      I'll help you out here with a quick link directly to the template source. http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...rtemplates.htm
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I know it is on the template page, because I got a template from there about 30 years ago when I installed the b/u lights on my 50 Champ.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X