"Bond...James Bond"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bond...James Bond"

As I was returning home from a cruise-in with my Avanti I pulled up at a stop light. A lady was standing there holding up a cardboard sign which said, "HOMELESS...will work, etc...". I was waiting for the light to change and she asked if I was driving an Aston Martin? I said , "No."

Maybe I should hae also said, "I am not Bond...James Bond." While I am not laughing at her circumstances I smile when I think about the episode. Tonight, she was not on the corner so maybe she found her "Bond...James Bond."

Maybe more Stovehuggers appropriate, but it was a Studebaker.
    Last edited by Bob Bryant; 09-01-2014, 06:36 PM.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Years ago a good friend of mine called me to come look over her new VW that refused to start.
    After determining there was a wiring problem and thus a warranty issue, the tow truck was called.
    I had driven my dads 1964 Commander to her place and when the tow truck driver was jocking for pick up position ask me to move my Mercedes. I smiled in climbed in the Studebaker and drove home.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Back when I had my '60 Lark,a guy thought it was a Mercedes,and guessed it was worth 25 thousand.
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
      X