58 Scotsman hot rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Scotsman hot rod

AS USUAL....I paid off a credit card, so I have NOTHING in the bank....and what do I see on FaceBook? a sweet looking 58 scotsman all hot rodded up...SBC and powerglide.....looks straight and a decent paint scheme....looks like a nice car, talked to the owner and he said he just listed it on Ebay....

Nice car....didn't want my 99 dodge neon in trade...

here's the link for Ebay...mind you he was asking $3200 on Facebook...

How do these guys always get this wrong? ...No TITLE? Another 1958 Scotsman 2 Door! I wonder if the "283" is a McKinnon Motors, Canadian Studebaker 283 and Flight-O-Matic?

These 2nd. gear start Tranny's also get confused with a Powerglide if you do not know what you are looking at or how to drive it.

The Floor shifter may be a clue that it IS a Powerslide, but you never know, floor shifters were made to fit Borg Warner Ford-O-Matics as well.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-31-2014, 12:15 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I spoke with the guy, he even showed me the title, the title says 56....the roof says 57....He said he got the car with the GM drive train...I wondered too if it was a canadian engine and trans out of a 65 or 66....the motor mounts would have been the same..

Comment

Originally posted by nwi-region-rat View Post
        I spoke with the guy, he even showed me the title, the title says 56....the roof says 57....He said he got the car with the GM drive train...I wondered too if it was a canadian engine and trans out of a 65 or 66....the motor mounts would have been the same..
        No, the Roof, Tail Lights, Grille, Vent-less front fenders, all say 1958 Scotsman!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotsman 2Dr1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1691938 A '57 Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotsman 4 Dr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1691939 A '58, There were no '56 Scotsmans.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 08-31-2014, 12:50 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X