new body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new body

I have the parts car body all stripped down ready to go to media blast along with the frame. Car is super clean just one small rust hole and some rust at the weatherstrip.Should make my car more rust free than it was when it was 4 yrs old here in mn. As near as I can tell the car and frame was a Ca car than went to AZ.
    Attached Files

Great going Steve,way ahead of the game with this doesn't CE make the rear panel replacements,that you need ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Mask off the serial number tag with some heavy tape before sending it so it doesn't get all fogged up. You want that to stay like it is.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Lookin' good Steve.
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Leroy Cary makes a nice back panel If you care to replace that one. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Safety suggestion. Get used to using your cement blocks with the openings on top and bottom, not sideways. They are not structurally sound the way you have them.

Comment

Tom b. I know that's the weak way to put them but the body is not very heavy and it was just to get the frame out from under it and get it on the stands so it can be tipped at the sand blaster and when I bed liner and paint it.

Comment

Working...
              X