'64 Avanti FS in Sept. TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Avanti FS in Sept. TW

There is a 1964 Avanti for sale in September TW. I owned this car in the late 1980s (two owners back). I know a bit about it if anyone is interested in it. I am toying with buying it back, but I VERY rarely do that.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Gary, you should do just that. I just wrote an article for another publication on a man that has owned the same 1955 T-Bird three times. So join the club of mutli ownerships of the same car
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I've never gotten rid of a vehicle that I'd want back... that's why I got rid of them. Those I want, I keep. This is an interesting phenomenon, though... multiple ownership of the same one.

Comment

In the case of the T-Bird. It was sold at a premiun both times and bought back for pennies on the dollar so I guess he thought it was a good deal for him
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
          I've never gotten rid of a vehicle that I'd want back... that's why I got rid of them. Those I want, I keep. This is an interesting phenomenon, though... multiple ownership of the same one.
          I am more of the "catch and release" school of cars. This way I can experience owning a lot of different cars. I have had more than 100 personal cars up to this point. I have nothing against those that keep one or two for many years, that is just not my style. I have owned ten at a time in the past, but now I try to keep down to three or four at a time. Many/most cars that I have sold were in excellent condition (that was not a reason that I got rid of them) and some that looked as new/show (the subject 1964 Avanti) and a few that were less than one year old (with as little as 3K miles).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X