Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall '63 photo of black '64 Cruiser in front of Admin. Building with officers and sailors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall '63 photo of black '64 Cruiser in front of Admin. Building with officers and sailors

Hi.

I was thinking I had seen a photo some time, of a black '64 Cruiser with dual headrests, in front of the Administration Building, with a smiling Lew Minkel, VP of Sales, and a Navy officer and a couple sailors, who were getting the Cruiser on loan during their South Bend visit, while Navy played Notre Dame. Richard Quinn said it's not in the Studebaker News magazine. Is this pic ringing a bell with anyone? I know I have seen it...not the slightest doubt. Only other place I can think of is to look through the TW issues that featured the '64's, although not sure how to figure that out.

I'm interested, because I have a couple good reasons to suspect that I recently looked at that very car.

Thanks!
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
    Hi.

I was thinking I had seen a photo some time, of a black '64 Cruiser with dual headrests, in front of the Administration Building, with a smiling Lew Minkel, VP of Sales, and a Navy officer and a couple sailors, who were getting the Cruiser on loan during their South Bend visit, while Navy played Notre Dame. Richard Quinn said it's not in the Studebaker News magazine. Is this pic ringing a bell with anyone? I know I have seen it...not the slightest doubt. Only other place I can think of is to look through the TW issues that featured the '64's, although not sure how to figure that out.

I'm interested, because I have a couple good reasons to suspect that I recently looked at that very car.

Thanks!
    Check with Andy Beckman at the Museum.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Thanks to Bob Dudeck, I know that it's a pic on page 101 of Ed Reynolds' Lark photo book!
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
      X