Looking for a 64-66 Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 64-66 Studebaker

A long time friend of mine in Burlington Ontario once owned a 1966 Studebaker Cruiser sedan that was a former factory car built on the second to last day of production. Sadly, considerable Canadian rust got the better of the car and it has long since been parted out.

My friend would like to obtain another Studebaker 4 door sedan, preferably a 1966 Cruiser, but would certainly consider a 1964 or 1965 model, Cruiser, Daytona or Commander. He definitely wants a 4 door sedan as it will be used as a promotional vehicle for his insurance business. Color is irrelevant and it does not have to be a show car. However, ideally it should be very presentable driver requiring minimal work.

If any of our Forum subscribers have such a Studebaker that they would be willing to part with at a reasonable price, send me a PM and I'll take it from there.

Stu Chapman

Stu:

This 1964 Hamilton-produced Daytona SIX / Flightomatic 4-door is still available if your man is interested:

You may remember our discussing the spare tire in this car and concluding it undoubtedly is the OEM spare:

When I looked at the car and took the above photos two years ago, the guy wanted $6,000 for it and I would have paid $4,000. Miles are/were as shown and I am sure they are correct. The standard blue cloth bench seat is beautiful, even the drivers seat area. I have more pictures if needed, but have not downloaded them to my Photobucket account for Forum use.

I don't know if he ever sold it, but it is now sitting at Trafalgar Auto Sales south of Indianapolis, phone number (317)535-3500. They are asking $9,900 for it, which is admittedly ridiculous. But for all I know, the owner placed it there on consignment and they are trying to make as much money on it as they can before paying him. At that price, even though it is low actual miles, very nice, and was never rusty, it will be sitting there for some time. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Their is a good looking 64 4dr in Ohio , I Think a post about it is on the forum $6500' Youngstown craigs list
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

My 1966 Gold Cruiser is for sale, but it's down here in Australia. The white manual Six is also for sale, hopefully it hasn't left CA yet.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Is the 1965 Cruiser that I found for you and you owned for many years available now?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Is the 1965 Cruiser that I found for you and you owned for many years available now?
            Not to my knowledge. Dale Richmond, the Ohio member to whom I sold it is now deceased but before his passing he sold it and that person has since passed away as well. I believe it was then re-sold but I don't know to whom. Bill Pressler might know.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
              My 1966 Gold Cruiser is for sale, but it's down here in Australia. The white manual Six is also for sale, hopefully it hasn't left CA yet.
              John, I think both are too far away. Thanks anyway.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                Not to my knowledge. Dale Richmond, the Ohio member to whom I sold it is now deceased but before his passing he sold it and that person has since passed away as well. I believe it was then re-sold but I don't know to whom. Bill Pressler might know. Stu Chapman
                Do you mean the black one with Red Interior, Stu?

If so, it is now owned by Jim Bishop of Union, KY. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Stu:

This 1964 Hamilton-produced Daytona SIX / Flightomatic 4-door is still available if your man is interested:

You may remember our discussing the spare tire in this car and concluding it undoubtedly is the OEM spare:

When I looked at the car and took the above photos two years ago, the guy wanted $6,000 for it and I would have paid $4,000. Miles are/were as shown and I am sure they are correct. The standard blue cloth bench seat is beautiful, even the drivers seat area. I have more pictures if needed, but have not downloaded them to my Photobucket account for Forum use.

I don't know if he ever sold it, but it is now sitting at Trafalgar Auto Sales south of Indianapolis, phone number (317)535-3500. They are asking $9,900 for it, which is admittedly ridiculous. But for all I know, the owner placed it there on consignment and they are trying to make as much money on it as they can before paying him. At that price, even though it is low actual miles, very nice, and was never rusty, it will be sitting there for some time. BP
                  Thanks for this Bob. This car would be ideal and I will pass the information on. I agree with your thoughts on the price. I've suggested $4,000 to $5,000 to my friend but $6,000 probably wouldn't be unreasonable for a turnkey car. At that price it would still end up at over $6700 CDN plus shipping.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Do you mean the black one with Red Interior, Stu?

If so, it is now owned by Jim Bishop of Union, KY. BP
                    That's the one Bob.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Not to my knowledge. Dale Richmond, the Ohio member to whom I sold it is now deceased but before his passing he sold it and that person has since passed away as well. I believe it was then re-sold but I don't know to whom. Bill Pressler might know.

Stu Chapman
                      I am glad that you survived it. It doesn't sound like a very healthy car to own. I wonder how much of the history that the current owner knows.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That's the one Bob. Stu Chapman
                        OK, Stu. I can tell you it is being well cared-for. I know Jim well and he maintains his cars thoroughly. He has a beautiful, climate controlled (to some extent) attached garage where it is stored; I've been there.

Although he and his wife live in Kentucky, the town of Union is close to Cincinnati OH, so they are active members of our Indy Chapter SDC. I see the Cruiser maybe 2 or 3 times a year and it is very nice, still. BP

Comment

Working...
                        X