stu-v car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stu-v car

I have been looking into a 64 2dr that was supposed to belong to the guy who was STU-V and built a lot of speed parts. I haven't looked it over lately but it was supposed to be a package car. Does anyone know more about this car? Is it worth pursuing?
    Rob

Alan would most likely know.
    With your title, he should chim in soon.

Mike

Comment

A Stu-V license frame I just got back from the chrome shop.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5134.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1691814

Comment

Was it a white Daytona HT with a pore shift?

Comment

The drive train is gone but it is white and it had a floor shift and bucket seats. It has a significant amount of rust but is pretty much complete and had an original tach. It had an R emblem on the grille. When I looked at it I had never heard of a "package car", so I just thought it was another old beater.
          Rob

Comment

I drove that car about 35 or 40 yrs ago. I think it was in LA at the time. It made a real impression on me as to how well it handled. About 20 hrs ago I bought it from Cris Banke but never took delivery, I just had Chris send me some of the parts that came with that car, such as R4 emblems, pistons etc and had him resell it to someone else that was interested. Do you remember the serial number?

Comment

I didn't get the serial #. The owner was sure it had an R4 emblem but I remembered it as having an R1 emblem. I only saw it once and looked it over probably 5 years ago. He's had it probably 20 years, although I am not positively sure about that. It sat for a long time.
              Rob

Comment

The guy that started Stu-V was John McKusick he was at 3495 E. Pico Blvd. in L.A. Chris Banke and Dave Livesay were the second owners of Stu-V. Never saw or talked to Chris Banke, but Dave Livesay frequents this forum. He would know more about this car.

Comment

Chris Banke is a great guy-He set me up with all the correct stuff to clone my R4 GT Hawk in or around 1970.
                  Bill

Comment

Chris had that car perhaps around 74 or a little later. I never drove that car. Buzzard, you must have received parts for your Hawk somewhere around 1973 or 1974.
                    David L

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                      A Stu-V license frame I just got back from the chrome shop.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]37199[/ATTACH]
                      I will dig one up so you can see color that we had on them.
                      David L

Comment

The Stu-V Bonneville car, early Lark factory 289 is resting in Northern California. It deserves to be restored, still has original engine with fresh rebuild. I had considered doing it but have too many irons in the fire. Contact me and I can put you in touch with the owner.
                        StudeRick & Johna
                        Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk, 1963 GT Hawk, 1962 GT Hawk
                        1957 Silver Hawk
                        1963 Avanti
                        1961 Lark Wagon
                        1963 Lark Daytona

Comment

I got a little more information about the car. It was purchased from Cris Banke sometime between '95 and 2000 out of Grants Pass, Oregon. It was pretty well stripped at that time but was still a roller. He is looking into the serial # for me.
                          Apparently Stu-V was manufacturing wood stoves at the time and the state out-lawed them, creating financial difficulties for him so the car was sold. Does this sound familiar? The car is now resting in a storage yard awaiting ???
                          Rob

Comment

So Rob; then that verifies that it was not a "2 Door" as in Commander 2 Door Sedan, it's as Nels said, a Daytona Hardtop?
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                            X