'53 Coupe update, slow progress is still progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53 Coupe update, slow progress is still progress

Back in April I posted "Closer to finished than begun".

Progress is slow; many weekends I make no progress at all. Today I got four more pieces back from LiBrandi Plating. I'm sending one of them back. One piece out of the twenty-one he's done isn't bad. The only things left to chrome are the bumpers.

I realized I had a new in the box Sanden 506 compressor I had forgotten about so it's going to get AC. The compressor is mounted per Ray-Lin's suggestion and I got a super small alternator that clears the hood, and I ordered a condenser this week from Vintage Air. T-bow's carb is in place.

After fitting, reworking, block sanding and wet sanding, I'm taking a week off work to spend in the shop. The goal is to scuff with 400, shoot with filler primer, wet sand again and, hopefully, have color and clear on by next Sunday. Then, all I have to do is paint the interior trim, restore the dash, install the wire harness, headliner, windlace, carpet, reupholster, install all glass, driveshaft, etc, etc. Oh, yeah, and I'll need to spring for some fresh WW radials.

I'm still not adept with the photo stuff but would like to be able to post before color and after color photos by this time next week.

This thing is taking longer than the pyramids.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

I'm a couple days ahead of schedule and have an albumn on Photobucket to prove it. Problem is, the last time I tried to add a link to the albumn, you needed to login to see it. When I click "Share Albumn" it asks to upload to Myspace. How do you guys with Photobucket add an accessible albumn link?

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    Brad Johnson,
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm a couple days ahead of schedule and have an albumn on Photobucket to prove it. Problem is, the last time I tried to add a link to the albumn, you needed to login to see it. When I click "Share Albumn" it asks to upload to Myspace. How do you guys with Photobucket add an accessible albumn link?

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      Brad Johnson,
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Click on "account options" in the upper right, then "edit my album settings"

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Click on "account options" in the upper right, then "edit my album settings"

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks, Dick.
            Hope this works.
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I got all the color sprayed and cleared a week ago Thursday. Last Saturday I made a couple brackets and mounted two 1" tweeters in the attic, then installed the windlace. Next Saturday I should have the headliner in to hide the tweeters and the rear fenders sealed and bolted.
            Brad Johnson,
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks, Dick.
              Hope this works.
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I got all the color sprayed and cleared a week ago Thursday. Last Saturday I made a couple brackets and mounted two 1" tweeters in the attic, then installed the windlace. Next Saturday I should have the headliner in to hide the tweeters and the rear fenders sealed and bolted.
              Brad Johnson,
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
              X