• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude stuff at auctions

I thought the sign collectors might like this one:

Studebaker gas truck here:

I might attend this next one if nobody closer wants to bid:

I like the sign stuff.Most of it is older than I am and has a sense of design I enjoy.What I find nuts is a 10% buyers premium on top of a 6.5% state tax being common at sales these days.Talk about double dipping by auctioneers!

Mono mind in a stereo world

That's a pretty good-lookin' Champion hardtop! Wonder what it will bring?[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That's a pretty good-lookin' Champion hardtop! Wonder what it will bring?[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob I went to the Fridley one last year. The stuff was in outstanding condition, but went for very big bucks.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
        58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
        58 Packard Hardtop (parts car)
        58 Packard Sedan (Shadowtone Red)
        57 Packard Wagon (parts car)
        57 Packard Sedan (parts car)
        62 Daytona (White)
        63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2 (Super Red)

Comment

Bob I went to the Fridley one last year. The stuff was in outstanding condition, but went for very big bucks.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
          58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
          58 Packard Hardtop (parts car)
          58 Packard Sedan (Shadowtone Red)
          57 Packard Wagon (parts car)
          57 Packard Sedan (parts car)
          62 Daytona (White)
          63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2 (Super Red)

Comment

Pretty sure I'll attend the one with the '53. Experience tells me it will bring more than I expect but hope makes make the drive.

Comment

Pretty sure I'll attend the one with the '53. Experience tells me it will bring more than I expect but hope makes make the drive.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

I like the sign stuff.Most of it is older than I am and has a sense of design I enjoy.What I find nuts is a 10% buyers premium on top of a 6.5% state tax being common at sales these days.Talk about double dipping by auctioneers!

I don't see how you classify the auction company collecting the state sales tax as "...double dipping by the auctioneers." The auction company is required to collect the sales tax and it costs them money rather than their making money off it. The auction company has the cost of collecting the tax, the bookkeeping, filing the tax forms and they have to pass the total amount collected on to the state.
                Most auction companies have had a 10% buyer's premium for many years and some get more than 10%.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

I don't see how you classify the auction company collecting the state sales tax as "...double dipping by the auctioneers." The auction company is required to collect the sales tax and it costs them money rather than their making money off it. The auction company has the cost of collecting the tax, the bookkeeping, filing the tax forms and they have to pass the total amount collected on to the state.
                  Most auction companies have had a 10% buyer's premium for many years and some get more than 10%.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                  X