• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funeral wagon

Click image for larger version

Name:	62.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1744519A friend of mine brought this 1910 Studebaker Hearse to the shop yesterday.
    He found it in the Lake Tahoe area. Hopefully we can get it running this week.

Name:	61.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1744520

Name:	63.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1744521

WOW.....is that a cool thing.....looks to be in decent shape !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That is amazing!! Not a 1910 but a 1916 Series 17 or at least it appears to be. Check out the serial number and let me know for a positive i.d. Is it a Six or Four? Also is there a body builder tag anywhere on it? How about a front 3/4 view and some other photos of the interior. A remarkable find. That's the way I would want to "go" if I went.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Holy Cow, that is too cool!
        I foresee a thriving business hiring this thing out to take us aging Studebaker fanatics to the cemetery.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

WOW is right. Many of us in the Studebaker world vist Tahoe often. You have to wonder how such a jewel could remain hidden all this time.

Comment

How did he find it. I would of jumped on it had I know about ok

Comment

That thing is so fancy like a rolling Casket, who needs a casket? It does appear to be in fantastic condition, but then you don't drive these everyday especially in smaller Towns.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                That is amazing!! Not a 1910 but a 1916 Series 17 or at least it appears to be. Check out the serial number and let me know for a positive i.d. Is it a Six or Four? Also is there a body builder tag anywhere on it? How about a front 3/4 view and some other photos of the interior. A remarkable find. That's the way I would want to "go" if I went.
                Richard, if you will email me at alaipai@gmail.com I will put you in touch with the new owner.
                It is a 1916 series 17, we are checking out the vin and tag numbers.
                Rod

Comment

There is a local funeral home with locations in Hopewell Junction and Fishkill, NY that have a 1929 Studebaker hearse that they still use when requested. I did get them to bring it, directly from a funeral, to one of our Hudson Valley Chapter Meets.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What a great find and addition to someone's collection. WOW!!!
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Unable to keep my 1916 hearse, need some funds for more important things than owning this museum piece! Glad you guys appreciate it, and if you need to own it, here is the ebay auction...

Joey

Comment

Working...
                      X