Work order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work order?

Cannot remember where to order a copy of the work order that accompanied my Gran Turismo as it came down the production line.
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

The Studebaker National Museum.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Actually it is called a Production Order and info on ordering can be found here: https://studebakermuseum.org/store/p...60-1966_00029/

Click image for larger version

Name:	62 GT hawk p.o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1691758

If you need a window price sticker I can provide that. Sample below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	62 gt hawk wps brown copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	1691759
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Wonder if I am reading this correctly - but was this a silver car with green vinyl? In the Arizona sun, what ever color it was, it would not have lasted very long...

Comment

That's what it was, Pat; Silver with a Green Vinyl Interior. Most unusual, to be sure. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
            Wonder if I am reading this correctly - but was this a silver car with green vinyl? In the Arizona sun, what ever color it was, it would not have lasted very long...
            Do you think Black on Black would have survived the Sun better?

I am sure Green on Silver would be no worse than Red on Red, or White with a Black, Blue or Red interior.
            Actually, all interiors except Black were pretty Light colored.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There was a SDC member who came to a local chapter meeting back in Texas, driving an R2 '63 Hawk. It was Ermine white but when I got closer you could see the interior was a green color. When looking it over, my Uncle put both fingers on his nose to indicate it was not his favorite thing about the car. I asked the guy about it, and he said as much as he hated the interior (still original as well) on such a nice car, the sound of the super charger made him forget how bad it was...

With a silver car, would have much rather checked off the taupe interior as opposed to green. Always wonder sometimes if Studebaker, when assembling a non-ordered car, simply put in an interior "because it was there."

Comment

Working...
              X