Speedster Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster Caps

Hi all, What is a complete set of driver quality Speedster wires selling for these days? I cant get the pics to post. These are the caps Jim Studebaker has a post on earlier. I made an admitted low-ball offer but suggested he list them for sale. I think he didnt realize what they were. Thanks, Steve
    sigpic

Hub Caps: Believed to be early 1950's

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020496.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	1691718

These were on my 1962 GT Hawk, But have been told they are from a 1950's Studebaker
    Studebaker1962

Comment

These are, indeed, optional Stude wheel covers from '53 to '55 and possibly later. They were standard on the '55 speedster and when in good shape sell for around $600.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Last rather nice set I had sold for $400.00, there has been a set in TW a few months back for a set for $400.00 not sure if they sold or not and I know the person selling.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
          These are, indeed, optional Stude wheel covers from '53 to '55 and possibly later. They were standard on the '55 speedster and when in good shape sell for around $600.
          1953 to mid-modelyear 1956. They were standard equipment on 1955 Speedsters and optional equipment on the others.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Any taker for these?

The condition, to be objective and critical, is "Good / Average" Some spokes are rattlers and just a few are missing. The center caps have lightly met a few curbs in 50 to 60 years. I can't imagine trying to parallel park a V8 Hawk with no power steering.

Jim
            Studebaker1962

Comment

Working...
            X