My collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My collection

I recently bought 3 rough Studebakers to save them from the crusher.
    What I thought I bought was a 60 Lark conv,and 2 62 Champs.After checking the numbers for 62Champs roster,I realized one of the Champs was a 61.

This is a milestone for me. I now have, not all mine,but within my reach, A Studebaker for every year from 47-65.
    Not all of them run at the presant,but are mostly complete,and can/will be restored(if I live long enough)
    They are as follows:
    1947 M series- Wife's truck
    48 LandCruiser- stored at my shop
    49 Firetruck - mine
    50 Towtruck - mine
    51 Starlight - Son's car
    52 Champion 4dr-mine
    53 Studillac - son-in-law's car(Mitchell)
    54 coupe-grandson's car(Zack)
    55 Commander 4dr- mine
    56 SkyHawk- mine
    57 Silverhawk-mine
    58 Truck-mine
    59 Truck-Daughter's truck (Rachel)
    60 Lark HT-grandson's car(Josh)
    61 Champ-mine
    62 Marshal clone-mine/Josh's
    63 GT - wife's car
    64 Wagonaire-Son-in-law's car(Jack)
    65 Daytona-mineClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	1744437
    Neil Thornton

I hope that you "...live long enough...".
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      I hope that you "...live long enough...".
      Thanks Gary, at the rate I'm going,I'll be about 210.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

In restoring them... usually the lack of cash is more of a problem than the lack of time. GOOD LUCK down there. I am working on a '49 - '53 pickup project... takes that many years worth of parts (and more) to make just one truck when you start with just a pile of parts.

Comment

Nice collection. I would love another Stude, but I'll have to wait three more years until I can retire and do it justice.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I'm a big tow truck fan- would love to see a pic of your tow truck!
            Evan Davis
            Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Here you go Evan

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1691646Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0211.jpg
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1691647Not much to look at but it runs and the hoist works. You can tell,it hasn't moved in awhile. It has a 259 from a 59 Hawk in it.

Notice the Son's 51 Starlight in the background of pic#2
              Last edited by rockinhawk; 08-06-2014, 06:14 AM.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                In restoring them... usually the lack of cash is more of a problem than the lack of time. GOOD LUCK down there. I am working on a '49 - '53 pickup project... takes that many years worth of parts (and more) to make just one truck when you start with just a pile of parts.
                I know where you are coming from. My 57 Silverhawk has parts from 56-63 on it. The GT is mostly original but has a 54 LR fender.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

On the age thing Neil, I think you have that in hand. Live like you are gonna die any second and plan on living forever. (you know what I mean) Course I likem all Neil. But that tow truck (wrecker to me LOL) is special, since I grew up in a junk yard (salvage yard nowdays). My Dad had a M15 wrecker when I was real young. The engine went and he took the wrecker frame off and put it on a 51 Ford. He gave me the Stude and I keep it from 1953 until 1997. He also gave me the Ford in later years. I keep it from 1965 til 1985. He also gave me a 70 Ford later and I still have it today. Here's a shot of it with my Grandson T.O. and me:

Last edited by Flashback; 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                    Nice collection. I would love another Stude, but I'll have to wait three more years until I can retire and do it justice.
                    Dave, It just don't seem right... You,not having a Studebaker! I think you should go out and find yourself one even if it's just a beater. Then 3 years from now,you can do it justice.(and I know you are all about Justice.)

When I went out and took the pictures of the wrecker I noticed how overgrown it was. This morning I moved some temporary fence panels and turned the horse in on that side of the barn.Maybe she will clean up aruond it for me.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Well, I do have "one". Early morning shot of the Stude by the guest house. "Another" would be a 53 or 54 Coupe, with a 289 (R1 would be nice) and the T10 4 speed I have waiting for the right car. A coral pink sleeper would be a perfect project. Click image for larger version

Name:	049.jpg
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	1691651
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	1691660Here's a couple more from the collection,The oldest one,47M,and the newest,65 Daytona.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1691661I think the 47 will be my next project.
                        Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                        X