Me and Ol'Bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and Ol'Bullet

My son is having some timber cut at his place.He was afraid of a tree falling on his car,so he brought it to me for safe keeping.
    Miss Edie didn't feel well this morning so I went to church alone.As I started to leave,I noticed Ol'Bullet smileing at me from the front yard. I walked over,patted the gas a time or two and stepped on the clutch. Ol'Bullet started purring,so I drove it to church and found a parking spot right up front.Got lots of compliments from a bunch of Baptists.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10530770_709180312465052_8858087196767668407_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	1744428
    Last edited by rockinhawk; 08-03-2014, 10:12 AM.
    Neil Thornton

Cute, Neil; well-played. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice 51. Is it a Champion or a Commander?
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Heck, I think even a Presbyterian would like your bulletnose....
        (don't get all riled up now.... it's a joke)
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Nice little Starlight - think that thick b-pillar makes these cars very solid drivers.

As an aside, the running joke at the Southern Baptist university I went to was, "what is the only place Baptists do not recognize each other - in the beer isle..."

Comment

A Baptist Church in the South? Who woulda' thought!
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Ol' Bullet is a 51 champion 3/od. Spent most of it's life here in Jeff Davis County,Georgia. I gave it to James when he was 14. That was 28 years ago. He has done well by it.

62champ, The way I heard it was: Jewish people don't recognize Jesus as the savior. Prodestants don't recognize the Pope as the religious leader of the world,and Baptist don't recogize each other at the local bar!
              Neil Thornton

Comment

that is one great lookin' 51, Mr. T!!!
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

...and a famous cover car to boot:

Woo-hoo! BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                    that is one great lookin' 51, Mr. T!!!
                    Thanks kerry,It has been parked right beside yours in times past.

Thanks for the photo BP. That cover was Ol'Bullet's moment in the spotlight! Made us all proud.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                      Thanks kerry,It has been parked right beside yours in times past.
                      i kind of thought they may have been in the same "room" together in the past.
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

The J. W's Stopped By Today. Older Couple. Turns Out The Lady Was From South Bend Indiana.
                        She Spotted My Car And Knew It Was A Stude Right Off The Bat.
                        Now, Im Now A J.W. But They Mean Well And They Stop By When They Want.
                        Usually We End Up talking About My Car.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                        X