Helluva Deal on Hemmings Classic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helluva Deal on Hemmings Classic Car

Obligatory Studebaker content: The September 2014 issue of Hemmings Classic Car has the nice feature article of Rex Miltenberger's 1941 Commander sedan coupe (Yes, I know that's been mentioned in another thread, but that is just a ruse to post here.)

Now that I have your attention, Hemmings Classic Car is running a short promotion offering a full year's subscription for only $12; a buck an issue, delivered to your door! I'm sure this is for new subscribers only. Newsstand copies are now $4.99 so even if you only buy three copies a year at the newsstand, you're money ahead to subscribe for $12 and get 12 issues, plus no trips to the newsstand to find one.

I usually go to the newsstand and buy a second copy of the ones in which my column appears, but I'm going to sign up my wife for a subscription to avoid the trip four times a year, which now adds up to $21.35 per year including sales tax at Barnes & Noble, etc, for only 4 copies, let alone 12.

The $12 Subscription Offer is on a card bound in September's newsstand copies. However, I have an extra one of those cards here. If anyone wants to subscribe, send me a PM with your snail mail address and I'll mail you the extra card I have.

(BTW: Canada is $24 per year with this deal; Foreign is $26.)

All kidding aside, this is very much Studebaker-related. Those who already subscribe will testify that there is a lot of Studebaker content in many issues of Hemmings Classic Car. They like our marque and deserve our support. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 08-01-2014, 04:48 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Excellent magazine, I get the iPad version monthly.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hi Bob,
      Yes I am interested. I'm recently new & don't know how to PM to you. Please respond with some method of contact for me.
      Thanks,
      Bill

Comment

Well shucks!!! If it is a promotion...can't we access the deal on line somewhere? I have not tried it yet, but looks like they wouldn't want to keep it a secret. If somebody finds a link to sign up...post it here. I gotta go, right now, 'cause I'm already behind on the "Honey do" list. I already had some fun this week on my motorcycle (the wife exclusion machine). So, now I am having to make up for it by assisting in domestic tasks. (I call it "marital reciprocity.")

Hey Bob, before you mail the card to someone, scan and post it.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
          Hi Bob,
          Yes I am interested. I'm recently new & don't know how to PM to you. Please respond with some method of contact for me.
          Thanks, Bill
          Bill: To send a Private Message (PM), click on my name in the Opening Post to this topic. A number of options will appear right below my picture once the link is opened.

One of the options is Send Private Message.

Click on that and it will open up a window in which you can type your home address so I can mail this to you. Type your home address in there and then hit SEND down at the bottom of that page.

That's all there is to it. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well, Bob, I am on the hook for three more years. Should I cancel my subscription tot take advantage of this deal? I am a Charter member and have every issue of this great magazine
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              Hey Bob, before you mail the card to someone, scan and post it.
              Good idea, John:

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                Hi Bob,
                Thanks, Bill
                On second thought, Bill; just use the information in Post #7, below.

You could even print it off, but it would require a separate envelope with proper postage outside the United States. BP

Comment

Bob,
                  I've been a HCC subscriber from day one. I was even a subscriber to their Special Interest Autos mag.
                  I love the articles in HCC, even though there are occasional mistakes. The color photography is sensational, not to mention your column.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Guys, these Hemmings magazines are absolutely some of the greatest magazines ever, even just to look at ! ( Classic Cars, Muscle Cars, and Sports and Exotics) PLUS, you get to read Bob's articles along with another great writer's, Jim Richardson. There are very few things in the world that are this enjoyable that only costs a dollar a month and lasts a lifetime !

Comment

Thanks, John and Rog; much appreciated.

Hemmings publications takes mistakes seriously, so don't hesitate to write Editor Richard Lentinello if you see a mistake. (But if you see a mistake in MY column, please write ME first!) BP

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                        Well, Bob, I am on the hook for three more years. Should I cancel my subscription tot take advantage of this deal? I am a Charter member and have every issue of this great magazine
                        I wouldn't do that, Don. This $12 deal is bound to be a promotion for one year only to attract new subscribers. I see no provision for buying additional years at that price, so the renewal will likely be what you've already paid anyway....if not more. I'd sit tight.

(OTOH, if you have two "johns" in your place on two different floors, perhaps a second subscription at $12 would save a lot of chasing around looking for the only copy at an inopportune moment! ) BP

Comment

Working...
                        X