Interior work on my 78 Avanti II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior work on my 78 Avanti II

Little by little I am getting my Avanti roadworthy. It will never be a show car but looks really good from the outside. I am now getting ready for the interior. The PO installed new seats and door panels which are not great but very presentable. I need to get the window posts, roll bar, rear arm rests and the area around the overhead light switches done. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in the Nashville or surrounding areas that does a good job and is reasonably priced.
    Getting excited about being close to taking it to shows and cruise-ins. Not a show stopper but might get some honorable mention.

Dave
    Avantidave
    1978 Avanti II

for my '63 Avanti, i went to a local fabric store (not a chain store) with some of the halfway decent fabric off the rollbar and the rear side areas. with great customer service, we were able to find a replacement that matched.

i did the repairs on my own but if i had to do the armrests, i would have farmed it out to a "pro". maybe some one near you will see this and recommend someone. most will probably have a bigger selection of material to order, but the time involved to receive it might be longer than wished.

perhaps if you find the material that suits you, a upholstery shop nearby will use that...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
    X