Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWs August issue, ( well I guess We do still have delivery issues )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWs August issue, ( well I guess We do still have delivery issues )

After getting a better look at the august issue,some "Jerk" did fold/kink it at the binding .I already know that these people can't be taught as they are a bit numb,but boy they sure can LEARN !!! so anyways I was wondering,would it be a good idea to change the wording of the white sheet inside the plastic bag.instead of saying "DO NOT BEND" maybe it could say " DO NOT KINK OR FOLD AGAINST THE BOOK'S BINDING ". notice I through the word BOOK'S in ,this way ignorance would know the book does have a BINDING. and perhaps this should all be in RED ink,and maybe even bigger in size than it is now "truely hard to miss",now one more rant Tomorrow at the Post Office !
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Joe, a call to your postmaster is in order.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I know that Studebaker prides itself in being "different by design," but until Turning Wheels is printed in a fashion more in tune with most periodicals I am afraid we are destined to live with occasional kinked bindings. On one occasion I took my kinked Turning Wheels, complete with Do Not Bend cover paper, back to our post office to show the postmaster. He offered his apologies, but also made clear that no additional postage was paid for special handling and that the Do Not Bend was only a request. He did promise to speak to my local carrier. Since then, most of the time it has come unkinked.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

So I guess We're being told,the more MONEY We spend the SMARTER the idiots get
        Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
        I know that Studebaker prides itself in being "different by design," but until Turning Wheels is printed in a fashion more in tune with most periodicals I am afraid we are destined to live with occasional kinked bindings. On one occasion I took my kinked Turning Wheels, complete with Do Not Bend cover paper, back to our post office to show the postmaster. He offered his apologies, but also made clear that no additional postage was paid for special handling and that the Do Not Bend was only a request. He did promise to speak to my local carrier. Since then, most of the time it has come unkinked.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
          So I guess We're being told,the more MONEY We spend the SMARTER the idiots get
          Hmm, that does not seem to work with Congress.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Actually they are very smart, " like a Fox "
            Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
            Hmm, that does not seem to work with Congress.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
              Joe, a call to your postmaster is in order.
              I quite agree. We are beginning to learn of cases where delivery instructions are now being followed.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                I quite agree. We are beginning to learn of cases where delivery instructions are now being followed.

Stu Chapman
                That is good news Stu, but I still maintain that we are a small minority doing something different than the rest of the world. Yet, some expect, or even demand, that the world should adjust for us. As long as we are 90 degrees off, we should expect there will be the occasional bent delivery. I am not aware of a single publication that orients the spine of their magazine the way Turning Wheels is done. I also realize that changing it would incur considerable expense, so I will live with the status quo without complaint.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

That is good news Stu, but I still maintain that we are a small minority doing something different than the rest of the world. Yet, some expect, or even demand, that the world should adjust for us. As long as we are 90 degrees off, we should expect there will be the occasional bent delivery. I am not aware of a single publication that orients the spine of their magazine the way Turning Wheels is done. I also realize that changing it would incur considerable expense, so I will live with the status quo without complaint.
                  Turning Wheels is an awesome publication however my only dislike is the orientation. Prefer it to be like others.
                  Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                  Fort Worth, TX

Comment

There is a simple solution- a larger mail box! <G>

Comment

Pat,believe Me when I say this is not directed to You in any way (when you say We are minority doing something different from the rest of the world) anyone that picks up a TWs magazine instantly will see how/and in what direction it flops/and sags under it's own construction = oh I can GENTLY roll it this way and be proud of themselves for being on the ball !
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                        There is a simple solution- a larger mail box! <G>
                        About 25 years ago, I went to a mailbox that is larger than the standard size. It has been a big help with small packages, like medications that Cathy receives, and for magazines, like Turning Wheels. The TW that I received this afternoon did not have a bent spine, but the cover was crushed from some manhandling along the way. It took one week to go about 300 miles.

EDIT: The larger mailbox does seem to be a bigger "target" for the town's snow plow driver. When I first went to black mailbox, about half a Century ago, neighbors offered to give me paint to change the color. Now, black seems to be a common color for mailboxes, at least around here. My thinking was/is that the black mailbox is easier for the mailperson and the snowplow operator to spot when everything around it is white (too much of the year).
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X