Found a field full of Studebakers and Edsels in Texas - now with pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a field full of Studebakers and Edsels in Texas - now with pix

While exiting the interstate in Texas, I saw a 58 Silver Hawk beside the road. Called the guy and he wants $2500 for it, because it has a newly machined 289 under the hood. Rough car, but floors are somewhat solid. Said he had more Studeys in a field 5 blocks away. He told me that I was welcome to climb the fence and look at them. I took lotso pics and will post them when I get home tmrw. Cars are rough, but lots of salvageable parts. This guy's dad used to own a Studey dealership, and he said he has a lot of parts. Not sure what, but I have his contact info and I think he wants to sell them. I asked if I could give his number out and he said, "of course". Super nice guy. I felt guilty for interrupting his day.

What part of Texas is he in?

Mark

Comment

Cool beans, Mark. 'Looking forward to seeing the pics. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You trying to torture us by not telling us where the cars are located?(grin)

Comment

It's "right off the interstate". He said that.
          Anyone should know where that is...

Comment

My guess is Shamrock, Texas. My brother and I stayed in a motel there on our way to the 2012 meet in South Bend. I ran into a guy that ran a wrecker business. He had a hawk on his lot and told me he had more in storage outside of town.

Comment

Sorry guys, just git home from my 5394 mile trip. Gonna post pics now that I have wifi. And yes, it is in Shamrock.

Comment

Pics of the Studeys and Edsels in the field

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140728_140110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1691562Click image for larger version

Name:	20140728_140118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1691563
                Attached Files

Comment

Will post the rest in the morning. Internet not working at my house. Too tired to fix it tonite. Theres 4 or 5 more Studeys and several more Edsels

Comment

Thanks for posting. I like the truck. Is that a M-15?

Comment

Having issues uploading the pics. Send me a message and I will email them to you. There are 2 bullet noses and a 53 or 54 commander. The others are Edsels.

Comment

I sure hope those get salvaged and restored. There appear to be some nice cars vehicles there.
                        It's probably just as well that I do not have a lot of money or I would be trying to save every darn Studebaker out there. Or, maybe it would be great if I DID have a lot of money and COULD save very darn Studebaker out there. Oh well.
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket3pilot View Post
                          While exiting the interstate in Texas, I saw a 58 Silver Hawk beside the road. Called the guy and he wants $2500 for it, because it has a newly machined 289 under the hood. Rough car, but floors are somewhat solid. Said he had more Studeys in a field 5 blocks away. He told me that I was welcome to climb the fence and look at them. I took lotso pics and will post them when I get home tmrw. Cars are rough, but lots of salvageable parts. This guy's dad used to own a Studey dealership, and he said he has a lot of parts. Not sure what, but I have his contact info and I think he wants to sell them. I asked if I could give his number out and he said, "of course". Super nice guy. I felt guilty for interrupting his day.
                          If you go back, check for 1964 convertibles and make a note of the serial numbers please so we can record them in our new Registry.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                          X