Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn. Avanti owners..this is worth the frame rails alone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn. Avanti owners..this is worth the frame rails alone!

Listers:

Check out what you can get for $200. Decent frame rails, Studie wheels, suspension, differential and drive shaft!

I hope someone snatches this up! Great for anyone doing big repairs on his Avanti. I don't need it but I thought I would give you a heads up.

Not for an Avanti without major work. 4 dr is a longer wheelbase, 6 cylinder rear and brakes aren't compatible. No "X" member. Wheels are narrower. Front suspension however would work, except spindles would need to be machined to use stock disc brakes.
    About the only thing it would be good for is another 6 cylinder Lark 4 dr.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

The back part of the frame (from the rear axle to the back bumper mounts) is very applicable here. Many Avantis with no hogtroughs typically have poor frames in that area. My '71 was so bad that later quarter of the frame was replaced with the frame rails of a '62 GT Hawk.

Comment

I Believe six cylinder cars of that era have lighter gauge frames than eight cylinder cars , Ed

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
          I Believe six cylinder cars of that era have lighter gauge frames than eight cylinder cars , Ed
          No, they do not except the 2 door Sedan.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            No, they do not except the 2 door Sedan.
            And W body short wheelbase 4-door sedans, '59 - '61.

Comment

that 64 I looked at in Michigan needed a frame...the rest was ok....this could save that car...http://swmi.craigslist.org/cto/4516332288.html

Comment

Working...
              X