Found this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this

I am not sure if this was posted before and I did not see it.

http://www.bakerslookout.com.

Robert Kapteyn

Thanks Bob for posting! Always a treat to learn more Studebaker facts and history.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

That is BETTER than Great stuff! The Studebaker Bros really had it going on!

Who knew with all the current hullabaloo about Oil Shale that Peter Studebaker discovered it's use here in the U.S. FIRST in 1740!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for the story. We're always learning new stuff from guys on this forum.

Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Folks, as a Studebaker family historian, I cannot dispute the validity of this post on the Baker's Lookout site andhave no reason to doubt that is not true. however, with that said I will tell you there aare many other factual misstatements and assumptions on this site that relate to the true Studebaker story. I have for several years had debates with these folks about these statemenrs but they jsut keep on wrting them. One example as to what I am saying. There is a state, written as substaniated fact that the letter that was written to the family in Germany in late 1736 or very early 1737 was written by only Peter. Well, if this were true whay was Clement a signor of the letter? Also where did the proof for that statement come from and how was it verfied? Later in their treatise they clearly state that the five brothers were part of the Peter line. I guess they do not understand geneology or how to establish it as they were actually the great great grandsons of Clement, Peter's younger brother. Also they claim Celement is buried in Baker's Lookout cemetery but again they have absolutely no proof to this statement. It is kind of strange when the wife of Clement and other members of the family are buried in East Berlin, PA. The bottom line to tis note is simple be careful what you read on this site and what you believe to be factual and true.

There is no doubt that Peter at the urging of the Hager family who he met on the hMS Harle, urged him to come to Frederick County MD. and asisst them in their efforts to settle the are. Baker's Lookout was his home and hthis is proven beyond a doubt. However other information on this site is false and misleading when speaking about the Clement line of the family and its linage. If you doubt what I am saying I'd take the info on the Baker's lLookout site with a grain of salt if I were you.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
          X