Vs57 supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vs57 supercharger

What is the usual selling price of a good rebuilt vs57 supercharger? Anyone have one in any condition for sale?

Dan Peterson had a complete setup and then some at Dover. I don't know if he still has it. He's on the forum as dpson.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Just a Blower core less all the brackets, is usually close to $500.00 the rest will be that much or more.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Don't rule out a later SN-60 unit if a good one comes along. These are more plentiful now, and if authenticity isn't #1 with you, a SN-60 Paxton with a '63-'64 Lark or Hawk single groove drive pulley will bolt right onto your Golden/Packard Hawk mounting bracket and work fine. (same drive belt, etc) A 90' rotation of the scroll housing is all that needs to be done. Then, later on, if you do find a good VS-57 unit, perhaps you could work a trade deal!

Comment

I've got a core I'd take $500 for. A little looking around will net you one for $300. $900 to $1000 to rebuild correctly.
          Jim
          Often in error, never in doubt
          http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Did you find your supercharger? I just bought a 53 commander with a McCulloch supercharger. I am in the process of figuring out what kind of super sharger it is and what it is off of.

But I am interested in selling. It appears complete, but I am not sure what I am looking at .

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh Motors View Post
              Did you find your supercharger? I just bought a 53 commander with a McCulloch supercharger. I am in the process of figuring out what kind of super sharger it is and what it is off of.

But I am interested in selling. It appears complete, but I am not sure what I am looking at .

Thanks
              I guess that mine wasn't the only one. I had a 1953 Commander Starliner that I installed a 1957 Golden Hawk engine in (complete with supercharger).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I also have a supercharger for sale. VS57. PM me if interested.
                sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh Motors View Post

Thanks
                  I may be interested in buying, need to see pics of it installed.

Comment

Does it look like this? McCulloch uses a 2-bbl Carb.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 golden hawk motor.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1864849
                    SN-60 uses a 4 bbl Carb.

Name:	1963 R2 engine bay.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1864850

R3 Avanti uses twin pulleys and an enclosure for the 4bbl Carb

Name:	avantiR3.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1864851

Which one do you have?

Comment

Mine Looks like the black supercharger, you have pictured.. It has a 4 barrel , I bet that it was a 4 barrel 289 and adapted to the carb intake. I have found a carburetor box that is a two barrel, labeled Kaiser 226.
                      Thank you for your efforts to show me the superchargers, it's fun to learn about them. I am in the heart of Studebaker country and seem to acire them regularly.

Comment

Working...
                      X