And Now For Something Completely Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Now For Something Completely Different

I have discontinued all the Studebaker products and do not have a desire to continue the product line. Our fixturing was damaged in our move in the beginning of 2020 and the low volume of sales doe…

Excellent Craftsman, nice that Steve has a soft spot for Studebakers
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Very nice looking chassis. It is refreshing to see someone out there paying attention to our Marque. Get enough people making parts and you can build yourself a "New" Studebaker.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Thanks for the post Bill.

Steve, does some really nice work from what I've seen over the years, and really a helpful guy too.

Comment

'Looks really nice. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Does that mean that with one of those chassis and a fiberglass body it's possible to build a '53 street rod from scratch, just like the F**d guys? Next up: aluminum big-bore Studebaker blocks, cranks, and cams!
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

You dreamer, you.

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
              Does that mean that with one of those chassis and a fiberglass body it's possible to build a '53 street rod from scratch, just like the F**d guys? Next up: aluminum big-bore Studebaker blocks, cranks, and cams!
              Maybe so. Several years ago Jimmy Porterfield, son of the last Studebaker dealer in Martinsburg, WV bought a rust-free Champion coupe from Arizona, took the body off the frame and took the body to a shop in Bedford, PA. They made a custom frame to fit the body.
              Attached Files
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Ahhhhh ! Nice.

Comment

I bet there would be demand for a new stock frame. It could be used for the long wheelbase sedans, too. I suppose there would have to be two versions, though- 1953-1957 and 1958-1964. Think of the cars that could be saved!

Comment

Thank you guys.

Here are actual progress shots of the new frame.

Comment

Wow, very nice! With the X frame it would be great for the folks inclined to make their own convertible. I also like that you are configuring it for 4 links.
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Yes, tube arm Mustang II and triangulated four link rear. There will also be an adjustable transmission mount for a variety of transmissions.

I know some of you groan at the thought of the Mustang II front. And for the most part I agree with you. What the aftermarket guys have done to it is a shame. I have actually put some thought and experience into the pieces. I have improved on the Camber curve to deliver some good neutral to slightly aggressive corning power and kept good road manners. I have done the same front end set up on other cars and they are a joy to drive, good steering feedback, easy to keep centered on the road etc.

Steve

Comment

Steve
                          Hoping to have the 53 on the asphalt next year to get some of this 'feedback' you speak of.
                          But, we're still a long way from final setup. When the time comes I'll be burning up the phone line to Phoenix.

Bill
                          Bill Foy
                          1000 Islands, Ontario
                          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
                          X