Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reliable, affordable auto shipping to Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable, affordable auto shipping to Canada?

Looking at possibly buying that 64 Daytona posted on here for sale in California. Can anyone recommend a good shipping company that will do door to door? I have a feeling the cost will be prohibitive. So far I called Hansons and they want $3161 without insurance($3355 with) or brokers/customs/taxes.
    Thanks
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Where in Canada are you located?

(it's a BIG country [:0])

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Where in Canada are you located?

(it's a BIG country [:0])

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Todd, it might be worth looking at having it shipped to Detroit or a fellow Stude owners home in Mich. and then go across and get it. Even if you had to add the cost of renting a trailer, you might still be ahead. Just a thought.

1955 Champion Deluxe 2dr.

Comment

Todd, it might be worth looking at having it shipped to Detroit or a fellow Stude owners home in Mich. and then go across and get it. Even if you had to add the cost of renting a trailer, you might still be ahead. Just a thought.

Comment

Ya, I thought of that. I'm in Ingersoll, Ontario, about 90 minutes to Port Huron Michigan and 2 hours to Niagara Falls NY..

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Ya, I thought of that. I'm in Ingersoll, Ontario, about 90 minutes to Port Huron Michigan and 2 hours to Niagara Falls NY..

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I just sold a '37 Plymouth pick up to a guy in Woodlawn, Ontario. Maybe you guys should team up on the transport.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I just sold a '37 Plymouth pick up to a guy in Woodlawn, Ontario. Maybe you guys should team up on the transport.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Perhaps. Are you in California Dick? What carrier is he using?
                    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

Todd
                        I'm in Washington State, but that may be close enough. He hasn't selected a carrier yet, but he's looking at moving companies. Seems they are having a hard time getting loads going east.

BTW, as the US$ continues to tank, I'm seeing more and more Canadian and European buyers. Today the Canadian dollar is worth $1.03 US. Seems like just a short while ago it was worth 60 cents US.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

Todd
                          I'm in Washington State, but that may be close enough. He hasn't selected a carrier yet, but he's looking at moving companies. Seems they are having a hard time getting loads going east.

BTW, as the US$ continues to tank, I'm seeing more and more Canadian and European buyers. Today the Canadian dollar is worth $1.03 US. Seems like just a short while ago it was worth 60 cents US.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Looks like it is time for Decimal Dude to reappear. Five years ago today (10/17/02) the Canadian Dollar was worth $.63593 U.S. Today it is worth $1.02711.

In terms of trucking, I would see if you have a LTL (Less Than Load) carrier that serves your area. You can also try one of the load boards (i.e. getloaded.com) to see if you can find someone coming your way with deck space. You will need either a loading dock or a rollback on each end to get the car on and off the trailer (48" deck heigth).

Comment

Looks like it is time for Decimal Dude to reappear. Five years ago today (10/17/02) the Canadian Dollar was worth $.63593 U.S. Today it is worth $1.02711.

In terms of trucking, I would see if you have a LTL (Less Than Load) carrier that serves your area. You can also try one of the load boards (i.e. getloaded.com) to see if you can find someone coming your way with deck space. You will need either a loading dock or a rollback on each end to get the car on and off the trailer (48" deck heigth).

Comment

Working...
                              X