1963 Champ Pickup Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 1963 Champ Pickup Radiator

I need a new radiator for the Champ. It needs to have the transmission cooler attached. Has anyone used an aluminum radiator as sold for 1972 through 1986 Jeep CJ with GM V-8 conversion? I know they will fit the Hawk and Lark, but what about the Champ? I would measure it myself, but the front cap with the radiator for my truck is about 20 miles away and I can't run go check the measurements. If memory serves me correct, its the same radiator as the Hawk and Lark.

Any ideas?
    Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

If you have a V8 Engine in your Champ that "SHOULD" work with minor or no mods to it.
    If a 6 Cyl. probably not.
    Keep in mind I have not done this, so hopefully someone who has will tell us the details.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I do have a V-8 in the truck. A couple years ago, I bought a new aluminum radiator for my 1962 Hawk, because of the expense to replace the core on the old one. I found a manufacturer in Alabama (see old posts) provided them with the diminsions of the old radiator and they were able to modify the Jeep radiator so that it fit the Hawk as a drop in! I remember getting the old radiator for the truck thinking it might be good to put in the Hawk. It too needed a recoring. Unfortunately it too is 20 miles away with the front cap. I think its diminsions were the same as the Hawk, but can't remember.
      Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by mjeansonne View Post
        I think its diminsions were the same as the Hawk, but can't remember.
        The basic dimensions of the radiator are the same. Only differences would be the number of cores, size of neck (V8 v. 6 cylinder), and inclusion of cooler. The three core radiator in my 1960 Lark came out of an 8E Champ pickup.

If you could not find a radiator with an internal cooler, I wonder if an aftermarket, mini radiator style cooler would fit the bill?

Comment

Working...
        X