Does anyone know who owns this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know who owns this car

Does anyone know who owns this 64 Daytonaconvt with an R2 Engine. It is from PA and was at the Dover Delaware Click image for larger version

Name:	Dover Downs & Dentons 042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1744362Click image for larger version

Name:	Dover Downs & Dentons 042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1744362Meet ??

I know who would LOVE to own it. LOL

Comment

Dale Sinclair owns that. He is from the Lancaster county area. I believe he bought it at York last year.

Comment

Actually York this year, Nate! Dale purchased it from Bob Wilson, Sr of Newcastle, DE, who purchased it from Annette Fremeau after the death of her husband Jack Fremeau of Virginia Beach, VA.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          Actually York this year, Nate! Dale purchased it from Bob Wilson, Sr of Newcastle, DE, who purchased it from Annette Fremeau after the death of her husband Jack Fremeau of Virginia Beach, VA.
          Would one of you who knows Dale please contact him and ask that he posts his car's information here for our Registry. Thanks.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I spoke to Dale today about the car. It is a 1964 Daytona Convertible. VIN is 64V-9157. Body number is 255. Engine number is JTS J327. Dale and I were hoping someone could determine what car the engine originally came in. The Convertible was originally Silver (not sure the Stude paint name). It is now white - we assume Astre White (spelling?). Can someone update us on this car? Was it a Granatelli car? Thanks.

Nate

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker1965 View Post
              I spoke to Dale today about the car. It is a 1964 Daytona Convertible. VIN is 64V-9157. Body number is 255. Engine number is JTS J327. Dale and I were hoping someone could determine what car the engine originally came in. The Convertible was originally Silver (not sure the Stude paint name). It is now white - we assume Astre White (spelling?). Can someone update us on this car? Was it a Granatelli car? Thanks.

Nate
              Thanks Nate. I need the production date and Dale's home town/state if you can get this for us.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Moonlight Silver Metallic is the '64 Silver Color, that and Golden Sand were great colors that "no one" bought!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sure thing Stu. He lives in East Earl pa. Not sure of the build date. I don't think he had the production order. Could someone on here tell us that?

Comment

Sure thing Stu. He lives in East Earl pa. Not sure of the build date. I don't think he had the production order. Could someone on here tell us that?
                    Probably the only way to determine the build date is to get a copy of the production order from the Museum. Guessing however....64V8581 was built Thursday September 26th 1963 and 64V11152 was built Wednesday October 9th 1963, so we have a 9 production day spread. How does Tuesday October 1st sound? I think I'll go with that unless someone comes up with a better idea.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I'll talk him into ordering the P.O. For now, guess we can use an October date.

Comment

Nate
                        I think that the best we can do without going through the production orders is knowing that the engine came in a 1964 model year Lark type or Hawk. Also, that same engine number may have been used in more than one car. Perhaps those that keep R2 information have a better answer.
                        Last edited by studegary; 07-25-2014, 05:05 PM.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X