Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1941 commander questions... Interested in purchasing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 commander questions... Interested in purchasing.

I am planning to try and go look at this 1941 commander pending my work schedule on Saturday.

My main concern is the vapor lock situation. The owner did say that after having the distributor rebuilt he is having far less issues but still acts up. He also mentioned that doing a coolant flush may help? as it has not been done in 8 years.
    Has anyone else encountered issues with vapor lock on this style car? Or found a solution?

Other than these issues are there any other things I should look for? And what would be a fair price for a car of this era?

1941 has a very high survival rate. They are very reliable cars. I'm sure the vapor lock situation can be resolved. The price seems more than fair, but it is a northern state so the body will have to inspected closely. I have owned a dozen 41s and still have 3.

Comment

I have driven my 1941 Commander thousands of miles and it is a great driving car with overdrive. Very comfortable and handles great.

Comment

My main concern is the vapor lock situation. Has anyone else encountered issues with vapor lock on this style car? Or found a solution?
        This may not fix everything, but if you put an electric fuel pump on it you should find some improvement.
        I put one on my '66 Wagonaire, and no more problems with vapor lock.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I have scheduled an appointment for tomorrow and am hoping it drives and looks as good as it does in the photos.

Comment

Well I lost out on another one. Scheduled an appointment for 4pm and at about 345 an older gentleman drove by the car, fell in love and purchased the car. I did get to take it out for a drive though and it was very cool. I'm glad it wasn't a completely wasted evening.....

Comment

someone got a good car..... I went through that Commander front to back, top to bottom. Excepting the fair interior work done (not me), I put 8000+ miles on it with drives all over the East coast without fail........

Comment

Yes they did. The car was wonderful and you did a great job. I came prepared to spend a lot more than what it sold for but did not get the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                X