58 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: 58 Silver Hawk

I have a 58 Silver Hawk that has been in my family since day 1. It has a "hole" in the dash to the right of the speedo. From what I have been told, it had a clock that had stopped working and was sent in for repair- but never came back. Does anyone here have suggestions as to where to find one? At this point, I don't even care if it works-I'm just tired of looking at the blank space!

The hole can be filled by a clock, a tachometer, or a delete plate. Here is what a delete plate looks like.Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude Gauges.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1691355

Comment

I put a tach in mine-I don't remember the part #,but it is a Stewart Warner from Summit[looks very near original.]
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Here is the tach that I installed where the clock-delete plate used to live. It is a Teleflex 82288P, and is close to the original (which I had but could not find a sending unit.) Incidentally, the clock-delete plate and the original SW gauges are for sale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker dash w:tach.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	1691358

Comment

I might be interested in the delete plate... How much?

Comment

How about $20 plus shipping?

Comment

That would probably work, now I just need to decide if I want to go that route or find a clock... I'll let you know. Thanks for the response!

Comment

There is a clock on Ebay (but in sad condition): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-H...72c86b&vxp=mtr

But there are also good ones out there, not too difficult to obtain a working one.

The original Borg clock in my 57 Golden Hawk works flawlessly since many years and I like the tick tock
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X