Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Confirm: Last living Packard dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Confirm: Last living Packard dealer?

I'm taking the liberty of posting this here because it is certainly Studebaker-Packard related, in that Dad was a Studebaker dealer for 14 months while also selling Packards.

At any rate, I have feelers out all over the country and the hobby, trying to determine if my father, Lumir S. Palma, is the last living Packard dealer. So far, that appears to be true. No one on the two Packard forums has come up with another living dealer. I've also contacted the various principals in the Packard clubs and publications of which I am aware. They, too, draw a blank.

(For the record, I am defining Packard dealer as a person who actually signed a Franchise Agreement with either Packard Motor Car Company or Studebaker-Packard Corporation, to sell and service Packard automobiles. I have the original of Dad and Uncle Milton's Franchise Agreement with Packard Motor Car Company, executed November 24, 1953. They had been in business as Palma Motors since June 15, 1953, and had already delivered maybe four or five new Packards, so I don't know if this was just a formality or what. Uncle Milton, his younger brother, passed away December 30, 1994.)

Dad is doing well at age 97 years, three months as of July 14 and, in fact, was at our home yesterday for a family gathering. Mom is also doing well at age 95. They live in an independent-living retirement community with provision for assisted living when and if the time comes.

If anyone here can document another living Packard dealer, I'd appreciate having the particulars. Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Ron Hettenhausen whom owned the Endres Motors Studebaker Dealership in Belleville, Il is still alive. He just sold his building where he has been selling Schwinn Bicycles since Studebaker went out of business. I called him and he said he did have an agreement to sell and service Packards after the merger.
    I can provide his phone number if you would like to talk to him.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
      Ron Hettenhausen whom owned the Endres Motors Studebaker Dealership in Belleville, Il is still alive. He just sold his building where he has been selling Schwinn Bicycles since Studebaker went out of business. I called him and he said he did have an agreement to sell and service Packards after the merger.
      I can provide his phone number if you would like to talk to him.
      Excellent, Milt. Yes, please send me a PM with his phone number. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X