Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Movement

Hello,

Does anyone know of the possibility of Studebaker using the same clock movement in 59'-62'Lark models? and if so, whether or not they used the same movments in the later models too (63,64,65,66)?

I know just by taking apart a 61' and 62' clock from a lark that the movment is identical. But I have never taken apart any of the later year clocks. I know the face is much larger in diameter but from what I have seen from the back side of one of those clocks, the movement housing is just as small as the ealier models.

Can anyone verify this?

Thank you
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

The guy who professionally rebuilds these or installs the quartz movements, told me that the '63 to '66 large 4 1/2 inch Borg clocks have a completely different movement. And believe it not, they are SMALLER! [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The guy who professionally rebuilds these or installs the quartz movements, told me that the '63 to '66 large 4 1/2 inch Borg clocks have a completely different movement. And believe it not, they are SMALLER! [:0]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich -

Could these quartz movement still work in a 61' clock since they are smaller?
        1947 Studebaker M-5
        1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

StudeRich -

Could these quartz movement still work in a 61' clock since they are smaller?
          1947 Studebaker M-5
          1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Sure, weren't you involved in that big discussion we had here about '61 Lark Clocks?

Dave Lindquist at (562)698 4445 was mentioned. He repairs OR converts ALL Automotive clocks to Quartz movement. He is the one that told me that the small '56-'62 Stude. Sedan & Lark clocks have the BIG movements compared to '63-'66!

He converts them for under $100.00! So I know Stude. guys have been cleaning the the rewind contact points for 51 years, and most work 3-6 months, others a lot longer. I just want something that ALWAYS works, AKA: Quartz!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sure, weren't you involved in that big discussion we had here about '61 Lark Clocks?

Dave Lindquist at (562)698 4445 was mentioned. He repairs OR converts ALL Automotive clocks to Quartz movement. He is the one that told me that the small '56-'62 Stude. Sedan & Lark clocks have the BIG movements compared to '63-'66!

He converts them for under $100.00! So I know Stude. guys have been cleaning the the rewind contact points for 51 years, and most work 3-6 months, others a lot longer. I just want something that ALWAYS works, AKA: Quartz!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X