• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Packard Hawk.

One rare bird.

Aka Packardbaker to us all.

Comment

I wonder what ever happened to ours? it was sold in 1990, to somewhere in Montana, same colors. had a woodgrained dash.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Since you are in NJ, I was hoping to see Ernie S's Packard Hawk (that resides in NJ), not a car from Pennsylvania. I did a lot of work on that car (Ernie's) years ago, but I haven't seen it in many years. It started out the sort of cream color but we changed it to sort of burgandy (both factory correct colors). It won a national first in the first color and a national senior first in the second color.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Essex....Those are some REALLY nice photos of that pristine PH! Thanks

Comment

Anyone interested in a P-Hawk project car? I know where there is a doozie, right here in south central Pa. Missing the correct engine block though.
            JS
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
              Anyone interested in a P-Hawk project car? I know where there is a doozie, right here in south central Pa. Missing the correct engine block though.
              JS
              What condition is it in ? How bad is the rust ?
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for Packard Hawks, especially this combination. It brings back some pleasant memories. This one is magnificent. My other choice would be a 56 Packard 400 but I'd settle for a 55 if it was "right".
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

There is a Packard Hawk "kit" in Hayward, CA. The car has been disassembled for decades. The owner is getting on in years and offered to sell me the car, but I didn't ask the price because it was irrelevant...I would never take on a project of that magnitude. There are three Packard Hawks within 20 miles of where I live in Oregon City, CA. One is in Paradise, CA - a cream creampuff - and two are in Oroville (although I have not seen either of those.) There were two at the SDC Zone Meeting in Sacramento a few months ago. Both were near perfect. I don't know if either of the Packard Hawks at the zone meeting is for sale, but I copied the owners' information from the windshield cars, just in case.
                  Last edited by GinettaG12P; 07-12-2014, 08:42 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                    JS
                    Is that Tom Pfahler's? I know he's looking for a buyer to finish a project that's majorly completed.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The one in Hayward is Tom Odger's, it also has been in TW the past few months, If any one was wanting to do a full frame off restoration on a 58 Packard hawk this just might be the one lot of the work already done and lots of new parts, but still a full basket case at this time , Tom has owned it since the 60's and his dream was to re-due it but time fly's when you are having fun, I think his asking price in TW was $15,000 but I am sure he is open to offers.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

I remember the first time I saw a Packard Hawk. It was in the 1970s in South Bend. It was parked at a repair shop on the west side of town near the intersection of Sheridan Drive and W. Western Ave. I seem to remember it was burgandy. I had to ask my father what it was. The sides had the Studebaker lines, but the front end threw me off.

Mark L
                        Mark L

Comment

15 K for a basket case! They must have gone up, I paid 8500 for this two owner car a few years ago now. Of course thousands later and a trillion hours it now looks like this. Cool car just the same.
                          Brian Greenall
                          Melbourne, OZ
                          sigpic

Comment

I have two black Packard Hawks for sale.
                            Between the two cars are enough parts to make one beautiful complete car and
                            with some more parts scrunching you can complete the other one.
                            Good floors and first dibs on a pile of N.O.S. stuff that I gathered over the years
                            to restore these cars $10.000.for the two,and I may consider $9999.99

Robert Kapteyn
                            studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
                              What condition is it in ? How bad is the rust ?
                              Matt, I don't think there was very much rust at all. Body work is complete, and some, if not all paint work is done. Not sure the color is correct 58 P-Hawk color though.
                              Yes Brad, it is Tom's car, and it happens to be in Paradise Pa.
                              Jim
                              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                              X