Paul and Karen Johnson's house in California up for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul and Karen Johnson's house in California up for sale

In our local weekly paper today this house is shown as up for sale, I have not driven by be make sure if it is their same house but if sure looks like it and there is only 3 or 4 like it on that block and same side of the street, Paul and Karen and the boys lived here in the 70's while being stationed here in Oakland, this house is in Castro Valley not far from where I lived back then and still close to where I live now. not sure what Paul got for it back then but the prices are starting to rise again in this area but still down some from a couple of years ago. The weather is still the same but the prices have gotten rather high since the 70's. If I remember right I installed the slider from the bottom family room to the rear yard. Just think 1,500 Sq. feet 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths on 5,184 sq. feet lot for only $649,000 boy what a deal, what could that kind of money buy in other parts of the country? take a look at the write up in the paper , sorry about having to take a picture of a picture but that is the best I can do .

Last edited by candbstudebakers; 07-11-2014, 10:42 PM.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

That kind of money would get you my mother's 3000 square foot house with a 3 car garage (that I have put 5 cars in) and 70 acres of woodland with extensive views of the Blue Ridge Mountains 15 miles from Charlottesville, VA. You would still have money left over to buy a couple of very nice Avantis.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
      In our local weekly paper today this house is shown as up for sale, I have not driven by be make sure if it is their same house but if sure looks like it and there is only 3 or 4 like it on that block and same side of the street, Paul and Karen and the boys lived here in the 70's while being stationed here in Oakland, this house is in Castro Valley not far from where I lived back then and still close to where I live now. not sure what Paul got for it back then but the prices are starting to rise again in this area but still down some from a couple of years ago. The weather is still the same but the prices have gotten rather high since the 70's. If I remember right I installed the slider from the bottom family room to the rear yard. Just think 1,500 Sq. feet 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths on 5,184 sq. feet lot for only $649.00 boy what a deal, what could that kind of money buy in other parts of the country? take a look at the write up in the paper , sorry about having to take a picture of a picture but that is the best I can do .
      Yep, that's the one. Obviously should have kept it. Bought it in '69 for $30k, sold it in '71 for $38k and thought I'd made a killing.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Doesn't this belong in the stove-huggers section?
        Just wondering...

Comment

I think not since Paul and Karen are very much Studebaker people and when they owned this house they were very into Studebaker's then , always a Studebaker in the driveway, this house is very Studebaker related.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Why did this get moved, it is Studebaker related?
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

That would probably sell for 150 to 200 here in Lafayette and we have pretty strong home prices here for the Midwest.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Welcome to California housing prices. It takes a college educated husband AND wife, often commuting 50 miles one way to work to afford an average home here. As to the matter of does this belong here? I think the section title "Stove Huggers" the non-Studebaker forum says it all. The fact that it relates to Studebaker owners is all the more reason for the post to remain.
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.
                  JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
                  X