Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyway Champion ID

Q10

No Q4s were ever built in the Champion line for '46. Q10 is a valid designator. It denotes a Skyway coupe with rear spare tire mount.
    That 908 is the body number - not serial number. The Serial number is what the title shows.

Edit: only Q8 and Q10 coupes are shown for '46 The Q8 meant the spare mounted in the Seat Compartment.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No Q4s were ever built in the Champion line for '46. Q10 is a valid designator. It denotes a Skyway coupe with rear spare tire mount.
      That 908 is the body number - not serial number. The Serial number is what the title shows.

Edit: only Q8 and Q10 coupes are shown for '46 The Q8 meant the spare mounted in the Seat Compartment.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Biggs. Experts like you are a credit to the forum world!

I find that much of the info about '46s seems to be lumped in with '42s since the production was limited due to the startup of the new '47 models.
        Is the body number sequential in that it would be the 904th coupe body? If so are the 5 pass. numbered separately from the 3, e.g. is the Q8 synonymous for 3 passenger?

Comment

Thanks Mr. Biggs. Experts like you are a credit to the forum world!

I find that much of the info about '46s seems to be lumped in with '42s since the production was limited due to the startup of the new '47 models.
          Is the body number sequential in that it would be the 904th coupe body? If so are the 5 pass. numbered separately from the 3, e.g. is the Q8 synonymous for 3 passenger?

Comment

For the 1946 model year, there were 1285 five passenger coupes and 2465 three passenger coupes. There were also 5000 two door sedans and 10,525 four door sedans built.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

For the 1946 model year, there were 1285 five passenger coupes and 2465 three passenger coupes. There were also 5000 two door sedans and 10,525 four door sedans built.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Yes, that body # shows it's place - sequentially speaking - in the construction of Q10 bodies. There would've been another sequence order for Q8s.
                That said, ALL Champions would have been lumped together as far as serial number sequence goes. Since the first 5G was serialed as G193,001, your car would've been the 13,177th Champion to come off the production line of the abbreviated '46 model run.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Yes, that body # shows it's place - sequentially speaking - in the construction of Q10 bodies. There would've been another sequence order for Q8s.
                  That said, ALL Champions would have been lumped together as far as serial number sequence goes. Since the first 5G was serialed as G193,001, your car would've been the 13,177th Champion to come off the production line of the abbreviated '46 model run.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X