Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh; can anyone match this participation feat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh-Oh; can anyone match this participation feat?

This would be tough act for a Studebaker Drivers Club member to have duplicated...but not impossible, now that we have had a 50th Annual SDC National Meet:

In the current Northern Indiana/Ohio Hudson Club Chapter newsletter is a story about a couple named Olin and Carolyn "Kitty" Renner. They are planning to drive a Hudson to The Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club's National Meet in French Lick IN later this month (July 2014).

Assuming they accomplish that goal, it will be the 50th consecutive HET National Meet to which they have driven a Hudson. Now that is some accomplishment!

Do we have any SDCers who have driven a Studebaker to all 50 SDC National Meets?

(Incidentally, The HET club was founded before SDC, so they have had more than 50 National Meets.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob........check your P.M.'s please

Comment

sals54

Comment

HET Club was founded in 1959 so 5 years on SDC. I was an HET owner before an Stude owner but joined the SDC first. I have found both clubs a great bunch of folks. The HET group is smaller than SDC but no less enthusiastic about their cars and the Hudson Motor Car Company's amazing history.

As with the SDC their membership is aging rapidly and losing members every year due to attrition (to put it kindly).
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
          /Cut/HET Club was founded in 1959 so 5 years on SDC./Cut/
          Ah, make that THREE Years Dan.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

oops sorry I was thinking '64. Thanks!
            Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            58 C Cab
            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

They have a record no one will top!

I have attended 46 consecutive SDC Intl meets since 1968 (South Bend). Have not driven to all however. Anyone close to that? Believe George Hamlin has missed only 1-2.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                They have a record no one will top!

I have attended 46 consecutive SDC Intl meets since 1968 (South Bend). Have not driven to all however. Anyone close to that? Believe George Hamlin has missed only 1-2.
                I believe that Larry Swanson has been to all of them starting with 1968 when we both joined SDC. I started going to the meets in 1971, but have missed a few.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

To Dan and Rich - I believe that you are both incorrect when it comes to SDC International Conventions. SDC was formed in 1962, but the first SDC International Meet was held in 1965 in Rockville Center, NY. That is why this was the 50th Convention.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    To Dan and Rich - I believe that you are both incorrect when it comes to SDC International Conventions. SDC was formed in 1962, but the first SDC International Meet was held in 1965 in Rockville Center, NY. That is why this was the 50th Convention.
                    I guess that would be correct Gary, most of us on the West Coast do not go to the "Other" Coast, but Dan was talking about Founding Dates though. Only SLIGHTLY off topic.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                    X