New Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Steering Wheel

Now all I have to do is get it mounted in the car. I think it looks great. The Studebaker guys know it's not a Studebaker wheel but I didn't like the stock wheel for a 51 Champion. This Packard wheel looks great and it is at least period correct. The non Stude aficianados will not realize it did not come with the car. It's a compromise between stock 17 inch and custom 15 inch. I think the 16 inch wheel will serve me fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewWheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1744282
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Where did you get it?? Looks mighty fine.

Comment

Quality Restorations Inc. in Poway CA 92064

www.qualityrestorations.com.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Did they do the crest on the center medallion, too?
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The crest is a hood emblem I purchased at Stude Intl. I sent it to him and he encased it in resin and painted the back black. I looks stunning up close.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Nice look to it.

Comment

As you say, it is period correct. I like the wheel you have and most people won't know the difference. The only steering wheels I personally don't like are the flashy gee whiz modern ones some people put an otherwise stock looking modified car. If a car has a theme, stock, drag race, custom, road race, or whatever, the modifications should follow that theme for a unified look. Your wheel will be fine. IMHO
              Last edited by 52-fan; 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I love it. I have a spare that I would like re-done in case someday I get the urge to 'finish" my car. My driver wheel is nice, but after a few pulls with the puller, they all have a few cracks.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                X