Serious error in Jim Donnelly Lark article - Hemmings August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious error in Jim Donnelly Lark article - Hemmings August

Saying that Stude only offered the L head Six in '59 Larks and no V8 until "gaining a step" in '60. He also goes on to list the Econo- Miler taxi as a trim level! Man, if you can't trust even Hemmings to have decently researched articles, what next?

Bish
    Last edited by Bish; 07-07-2014, 12:55 PM.
    sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
    1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
    1959 4E2 4spd, TT
    1963 8E28 GSA order
    1963 8E5 SOLD!
    1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Gulp.

Bish, is this the pulp Hemmings Motor News or the glossy Hemmings Classic Car? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Gulp.

Bish, is this the pulp Hemmings Motor News or the glossy Hemmings Classic Car? BP
      Bob,

the Motor News. I subscribe to both and have read his articles before. Quite a surprise. I've enjoyed yours by the way.

Bish
      sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
      1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
      1959 4E2 4spd, TT
      1963 8E28 GSA order
      1963 8E5 SOLD!
      1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
        Bob, the Motor News. I subscribe to both and have read his articles before. Quite a surprise. I've enjoyed yours by the way. Bish
        Thanks, Bish. I actually haven't read the August Hemmings Motor News, so I'll have to check it out.

If you subscribe to Hemmings Classic Car, your September issue ought to arrive within the next ten days. My quarterly installment appears in that September issue.
        (That is, I'm assuming the column is in there; I've been paid for it! ) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X