PDA

View Full Version : life comes at you fast dept.

am not r2
07-05-2014, 12:27 PM
I saved an R1 full package hawk last Jan. It is all there just needs a resto and time. Just this weekend I fell and broke my spine in a few places....
good news is no permenent damage so far. I walk and step,,, ok. bad news is it is going to take a long time to heal. Let me also say it hurts. They have me on lots of drugs and they work. my kids think I am holarrioius...drugs prevent me from spelling well as well. bottom line is I need this car gone so my buddies can build a ramp....I am walking short distances but i know they are talking about cutting me open to make repairs so this is a long term project.
It is with an openmind that I sell this hard to find project. I would be glad to show it to any who stop by. P.m. me And I willset it up.
I hkave some reciepts from the start of the resto and I have the cars history. I am the third owner.
So far it has taken me a fair amount of time to type this. If it takes this long to type it will take decades before I can finish the car.
I know I have many friends and aquantancees out there in studedom this is your chance to step up and get a good car cheep. one of the 60 or so made so I am told. Yes it is an automatic. Just thind you can drive and not spill your coffee while finding third gear....hehehehe'
The car is in clean dry storage in upstate ny. near saratoga springs. I have about 4200 into getting this car here and getting a clean title for it. I will sell it for less.
PLease buy this car. I am out of work and out of time. I have extensive pictures of the car but they dont doit justice. Rich

doug
07-05-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm too far away to help, but do wish you as speedy a recovery as possible.

JoeHall
07-05-2014, 02:56 PM
I am not into 'R' engine anything, but am sure there are lots of others who will be interested. I do wish you a speedy recovery, though. It is true, life comes at us fast and something like you recently experienced will hopefully serve as a reminder to us all. I thank God for everyday I am able to get behind the wheel of a Stude. Hang in there, and get well.

BobPalma
07-05-2014, 08:15 PM
'Sorry to hear of the accident, Rich. :(

All the best for a speedy and complete recovery. :D BP

showbizkid
07-06-2014, 11:22 AM
So sorry to hear this happened to you. If I had the money I'd buy it, but all I can do is give you wishes for a speedy sale and physical recovery.

Corvanti
07-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Rich,

as one that has many back surgeries and have a 4 level Lumbar spine fusion, plus what the ortho-docs called "Failed Back Syndrome" (basically all of the thoracic discs are shot) -

PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!!

it may be the right call to sell the Hawk, especially if financial reasons cause you to do so. it will take time to heal. another thing to consider is - if i was just starting treatment on my spine issues now instead of 2001, the outcome would have been much better!

one place to check out is here: http://www.spineuniverse.com/

i wish you the best!:)

Swifster
07-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Rich, I'm sorry to hear about your back. I wish you a speedy recovery. Good luck with the sale of the car.

hausdok
07-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi Rich,

I was on the east coast in Ridgefield Park, NJ last week. If I'd known about your Hawk I might have taken a few hours to drive up and check it out. Sorry, I'm back home now and it's just too far for a inspection trip now.

I've also had spine issues; so I know what you are going through. I broke my spine the first time in a car accident when I was 16. It went undiagnosed for nearly a year and four of those vertebrae fused. It made me ineligible for the military. Eight years later though and with a lot of work I had regained enough strength and mobility that I was able to pass the physical and I joined the Army as an MP. I later went Airborne and eventually to Special Forces and later back to the MPs when the knees started acting up. Every once in a while the back would act up but most of the time I was able to manage it fine with over-the-counter meds and I stayed in the military nearly 21 years.

The second time was three years ago when a ladder slipped out from under me as I was coming off a roof onto a ladder. I landed flat on my back crossways on the ladder and broke off every transverse and spinous process (the little flanges that protrude from the sides and back of the vertebrae) from my rib cage to my pelvis, broke some ribs and punctured a lung. It was while I was convalescing from the fall three years ago that I found this place while searching for a P.H.. The back is fine now. I get a little twinge once in a while from the bone fragments that still haven't dissolved yet but they tell me that will eventually go away.

I guess what I'm trying to say in my own long-winded way is don't throw in the towel. With effort and lots of perseverance you can still regain a lot. Just stick to whatever program your doc has you on, work with your physical therapists and don't overdue it and you'll be back in the shop in no time.

By the way, if they put you in one of those heavy plastic upper body braces that make you look like a star wars storm trooper or a white ninja turtle, take a die grinder to the top rim of the breast plate of that thing and remove the flare and round off the corners and edges or you'll find it digging into you very painfully.

Good Luck!

LeoH
07-07-2014, 09:14 PM
I wish I could help you with the vehicle sale and taking that load off your plate, but I can say that after working in a physical rehabilitation hospital for 14 years, it CAN get better and likely will. Just do what the docs and therapists tell you, and more, and you will improve. Never as fast as you want it to, but it will happen. Good luck!