Avanti Airlift story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Airlift story

Hey folks, I found this about the Avanti airlift. Greg Cone's car stars ! Check it out and sorry if it's already posted.

The sleek, sexy 1960s-era Studebaker Avanti and powerful but boxy Fairchild C-82 reunited June 28 in Maryland, just over five decades after an airlift to deliver some of the cars to dealers.

That is an awesome group of Pics of this special event, I think we heard it was going to happen but no Pics. that I know of, Thank you very much.

I have no idea where they got that story about the Cars being delivered to Dealers though.
    Also someone who tried to correct that on a comment said it was a public showing of the New Prototypes.

Not exactly, it was for Dealers and their employees (mostly only Salesmen) and a few of their special invited guests; prospective buyers, Family etc.

I was at the Los Angeles (Burbank Airport) Showing, and still have the Avanti Bleacher Cushion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airlift Simulation1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1691202
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-04-2014, 12:55 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Craig

Comment

Amazing Craig, with all of the neat History, good Pics and being a part of the International Meet, the post sure got little attention.

It must be because all those at the meet with desktop computers have not returned home yet.

I would be one of them, I plan to stay in the year 2000 for a bit longer, before I go "Mobile".
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Mr. Cone also has the R-5 engine that was shown last year in South Bend.

check out unimogjohn's "blog" on AACA for more info on Avanti, and many other cool vehicles, other stuff!!!
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
          X