A 289 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: A 289 Hawk

I have a 62 Hawk engine and transmission that was removed. The transmission worked fine. The engine however carried low oil pressure. It was only 10 PSI on idle. 35 PSI at 50 MPH. This is @ 180 degrees.

Is anyone interested in this? I am located in Marysville, Ohio. This is 30 miles north west of Columbus.

Leroy, what transmission?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy Cook View Post
      [I] I have a 62 Hawk engine and transmission that was removed. The transmission worked fine. The engine however carried low oil pressure. It was only 10 PSI on idle. 35 PSI at 50 MPH. This is @ 180 degrees. Is anyone interested in this? I am located in Marysville, Ohio. This is 30 miles north west of Columbus.
      You describe what many here would consider a good driver with several thousand more miles left. If it weren't on the wrong side of the country, I'd come get it.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

How much do you want for it?
        sals54

Comment

The tranny is the automatic.

Comment

Engine

I tried to post a photo but from I computer it won't download! If anyone is interested please E mail me at Leroycook301@gmail.com

Is there anyone close? I am just looking for a home for the engine. Maybe some one needs it! Its free.
            Attached Files

Comment

It loaded just fine, but it's mostly all Transmission.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

anybody with an OHV cracked head out there should see "gold" in them thar hills !! Great in a ragtop or heavy beach wagon...or tired Hawk...

Comment

You might Contact Jon Myers, Duncan Falls, Ohio, 740-674-4897 Or Phil Harris, Fairborn Studebaker, (937) 878-1576. I'm sure both would be willing to take it off your hands.

Comment

Working...
                  X