Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erratic...

Hamilton (Pop. 2700)

At the time, we were pitching hay down the chute to the cows, clover dust swirling around us like a cyclone, sticking to our sweaty, upper bodies and matting in our nostrils.

Carthage, 12 miles away, five whole dollars DID seem like a lot.. Especially if it took more than 1 hour to level that hill.

I walked through the ripening corn straight to the mound in the middle and about 10 feet up from the base.. I plunged the spade into the dirt as hard as I could. Rock. I walked up a little farther. More rock. In fact, the farther up I went, the dirt disappeared and just rock protruded through the weeds. This was gonna be a teeny bit harder than I thought.

Mount Erratic again. As far as I know, it is still there in its green rocky-ness. Nor did I raise the question of hiring a bull-dozer to assault its rocks.

Frowning, I took a big bite of sauerkraut and dumplings.

John
    Last edited by Johnnywiffer; 06-27-2014, 06:19 PM.

Some of those Erratic's became big oil fields in Texas, maybe you should have dug deeper

Mark

Comment

Here is one in Alberta: http://www.history.alberta.ca/histor...s/default.aspx

Craig

Comment

There's a BIG one just east of Atlanta. It's got some Confederate heros carved on it!
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Now, THAT is an erratic! Ours wasn't nearly that big or that open. Since it was covered (in the summer, at least) with green, you only knew it was rock when you climbed it. Charlie Felgar, who lived down the road and sometimes walked home with us, said it looked like a GIANT green ti...uh, mammary gland!

John

Comment

Working...
          X