PDA

View Full Version : David Lavesque

jlmccuan
06-26-2014, 01:21 AM
After 4 years of looking for him and giving up 3 years ago, David chased me down after seeing my Authorized Studebaker Service logos on my truck. I have his current email and number if you want.

StudeRich
06-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Are you sure you WANT to find him?

jlmccuan
06-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Lol. I had some questions he knows the answer to. He is good for that.

bezhawk
06-26-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm not so sure that is a LOL.... Dave is another resource that left Studedom. If he got his customer service down a little better, his products were good. He put a lot of time into making products that bettered the Stude driving experience. All the snide remarks have made good resources look elsewhere. (than the Stude world). Just like Nimish, and Tom Rautio, anytime Dave's name comes up someone has to make dispariging remarks. All my personal experiences with these people have been nothing but positive. How does that look to outsiders looking in on the forum? How are innovation and good products going to flourish if we don't embrace them as members too.
This grumpy old man get off my lawn attitude has got to stop,(by many on this forum) or new members will just go elsewhere where they feel welcomed.
This attitude that Studebaker technology is the best, and why change anything is flawed. Studebaker would have progressed and in my opinion would have surpassed some of todays things taken for granted.
Everytime someone asks about retrofitting their car with modern convieniences they are greeted with "why the hell would you want to do that?" Many times not in the spirit of saving them from pitfalls others have experienced, but just to get jabs in and say don't even try, is not the right way to go.

64studeavanti
06-26-2014, 07:43 AM
I agree, there are a few individuals that have a serious case of "not invented here" syndrome. I purchased Dave's front disk brake system and it has worked flawlessly for over 10 years. Additionally, Nimesh did the work on my R3 clone and I have no complaints there either. We had the same problem with Lionel Stones efforts. While he was providing essentially unobtainable re-pops, many individuals were overly critical on the quality. The funny thing is that several of these same individuals are now moaning about the loss of these re-produced parts. Just my two cents.

Skybolt
06-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Ditto bezhawk and 64studeavanti above. The ones that are out front usually get hit with the most flack.

JDP
06-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Ditto bezhawk and 64studeavanti above. The ones that are out front usually get hit with the most flack.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5289570_f120.jpg
'The Nail That Sticks Out Gets Hammered'

Mike Van Veghten
06-26-2014, 09:28 AM
I also had no problem with David L. or his parts. Have his brake assembly on one of my cars. Also have his trans. adapter. Not in a car, currently on the shelf.
Nimish...there's the opposite story. Nothing but double speak. I even had a cam ground to the specs. he wanted, then wanted his money back.

Other than Nimishs problem, I got no flak about the roller cams (24 of'em) and adjustable cam drives (19 of'em) from anyone. In fact, I received a few very nice comments. Funny...and people call me hard to get along with..! I just call it "straight foward", no B.S.

Mike

Studedude
06-26-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm not so sure that is a LOL.... Dave is another resource that left Studedom. If he got his customer service down a little better, his products were good. He put a lot of time into making products that bettered the Stude driving experience. All the snide remarks have made good resources look elsewhere. (than the Stude world). Just like Nimish, and Tom Rautio, anytime Dave's name comes up someone has to make dispariging remarks. All my personal experiences with these people have been nothing but positive. How does that look to outsiders looking in on the forum? How are innovation and good products going to flourish if we don't embrace them as members too.
This grumpy old man get off my lawn attitude has got to stop,(by many on this forum) or new members will just go elsewhere where they feel welcomed.
This attitude that Studebaker technology is the best, and why change anything is flawed. Studebaker would have progressed and in my opinion would have surpassed some of todays things taken for granted.
Everytime someone asks about retrofitting their car with modern convieniences they are greeted with "why the hell would you want to do that?" Many times not in the spirit of saving them from pitfalls others have experienced, but just to get jabs in and say don't even try, is not the right way to go.
Well said, and good for the order!

http://ak2.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1631194/preview/stock-footage-the-crowd-at-pepsi-center-gives-former-president-bill-clinton-a-standing-ovation-as-they-wave-flags.mp4

Studedude
06-26-2014, 03:52 PM
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5289570_f120.jpg
'The Nail That Sticks Out Gets Hammered'
Or, "You hit the nail on the head!"

DEEPNHOCK
06-26-2014, 03:59 PM
(Response edited/self censored for forum decorum)

JoeHall
06-26-2014, 05:08 PM
(Response edited/self censored for forum decorum)

Uh, yea, what Jeff said.

jlmccuan
06-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Gee, I didn't intend to start a debate. I ran into the man. Occasionally someone asks about him. I titled a thread with his name for those who do searches and said I had his contact info. Said nothing bad, nothing good, nothing more. If you want to talk to the man you know how to do so, if you don't move along. The lol was a response to a wise crack, I thought. I've had folks make the same remark to me. It's a teasing thing just like I do to them. If I don't tease you I don't like you.

bezhawk
06-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Jim, of course my reply wasn't directly aimed at you! I was trying to get across the notion that negative responses to innovation tends to stiffle said innovation. I was also pondering whether it makes people not want to deal with a genre of car people. I know I have heard people lump all Stude people into a catagory based on one interaction. I'm hoping to transform that interaction into a positive one.

sweetolbob
06-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Gee, I didn't intend to start a debate.

Apparently you had intended to post on a different site then. You'all know that's the specialty here.;):)

Bob

jlmccuan
06-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Apparently you had intended to post on a different site then. You'all know that's the specialty here.;):)

Lol. Seems that way. I stopped posting here for several months for just that reason.

Brad, we know each other well enough that I took no offense. I'd have called you if I thought there was a problem. I just wanted to clarify my intentions for those who don't know me.

Xcalibur
06-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Good grief, guys!!! This doesn't sound like any "debate" I participated in.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the info on Lavesque. I suspect someone will be interested.