R3 parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3 parts

How hard would it be to find an R3 airbox and manifold? I want to gather parts for an R3.
    Stude Rookie

I've seen some parts show up on eBay, but they are rare. See if you can get on the Racing Studebaker page, those boys go fast.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

There is part of one on ebay at this time. Item #171364542198

Comment

P.s. That's not my ebay listing...

Comment

The R3 heads are probably not going to happen. There were some R3 type intakes made for the regular Stude heads by Lionel Stone. Some of these may be available. I understand John Erb acquired Lionel's stuff, but is not casting anything at this time.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

If you want to make your Studebaker engine go fast but not have to be original, I have a set of Jim Lang custom built heads and they use a Mo Par manifold and I have that with the heads, also the rocker set up, not cheap by any means but it is here, I am selling it for a friend, in case you don't know who Jim Lang is he drove his Avanti on the Salt at over 213 miles per hour.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

As mentioned, define your goals. Do you want the real-deal-unobtanium R3 parts, looks-like-but-aren't repops or just want to go fast?

If one has been following the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags, Ted Harbit goes essentially as fast in supertuned R2 trim as he did as an R3 and nearly as fast as the R3 PBW.

Bottom line, R3 parts, including the airbox and aluminum intake, aren't required for a fast Stude.

jack vines

P.S. I still get a chuckle from the Avanti wearing an R3 airbox but no supercharger. The owner admitted he liked the look but was too much a CASO to actually run the full meal deal.
              PackardV8

Comment

I Thought I saw a couple of R3 intakes in Jon Myer's parts rack a couple of years ago. He might still have some, give him a call.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by OldJoe View Post
                  There is part of one on ebay at this time. Item #171364542198
                  That looks like it was sitting on the bottom of a lake for decades. A true american posting it for $925.00.

Comment

also looks like it is sitting on a cast manifold. Other than this bottom of the airbox, I'm not sure they aren't r2 parts.
                    78 Avanti RQB 2792
                    64 Avanti R1 R5408
                    63 Avanti R1 R4551
                    63 Avanti R1 R2281
                    62 GT Hawk V15949
                    56 GH 6032504
                    56 GH 6032588
                    55 Speedster 7160047
                    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their input. I am not a CASO but I can recognize when I am stepping into a money situation that would disallow me from spending in a more appropriate place I think my R1 will probably be enough for my 54'. I touched bases with a lady friend yesterday and her husband my friend,, who had passed away, had left me a few boxes of stude parts. I picked them up today and there was a brand new airbox in one of them plus some pulleys and misc small parts and a nos V8 block with pistons. Looking at the cost of a supercharger and all that goes with it I don't believe I will go that route. Go fast guys may need some of the parts that I inherited. I have to finish the Starliner.
                      Stude Rookie

Comment

PM sent-----
                        ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Just an update on the parts that I brought home today. A NOS V8 block and pistons, a NOS crankshaft, a NOS bare head marked R1 an a set of NOS Lark rear fenders, no dents or cancer that I see, but a lot of surface rust so they will need to be blasted. The Stude Rookie is overwhelmed at this point in time.

Comment

Working...
                          X