====== ? for Tuesday ======

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ====== ? for Tuesday ======

What make & model do you see too much of at car shows & cruise nights?

MUSTANGs ! All models.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Camaros....usually bargain basement specials.
      Next on boredom list...65-69 Chevelles, again more Edlebrock and Pep Boys stuff than nice originals.

55-57 Chevys...many are nice and more or less stock ( around here there are so many they get to be too common), many are not. One guy showed up with a (somehow street registered) flat black 55 gasser at a show this weekend. His wife sat next to him wearing pink ear protectors.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

None...too self-centered to notice!

Confessing to the obvious
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Anything with an SBC in it.

Terry

Comment

99% of everything newer than 1972.

Craig

Comment

Lowriders. I can appreciate the nice paint jobs and the amount of body work that is done but I guess it just isn't my style.

Comment

Hmmmm, another hard one... This weekend's show actually had more 32-34 Fords and every configuration of VW's than anything else, but I usually look at everything. We even had a REO street rod and a Frazier Rat Rod ! ( I guess that's the proper description for stock motor, primer, pinstripes, and lowered). On the mainland - - I would agree with too many Mustangs and Camaros, but what the heck, it gets folks out and involved. Oh, we also had a Mercedes Limousine Jet car and two choppers with Briggs and Stratton V-Twins !! Our little community all came out it seemed.

Comment

In Sweden it's -57 Chevy's & -59 Caddy's.

Comment

Any vehicle I can see on a new or used car lot doesn't do it for me.
                    Like Craig I have a post '72 cut off line.
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                      Camaros....usually bargain basement specials.
                      Next on boredom list...65-69 Chevelles, again more Edlebrock and Pep Boys stuff than nice originals.

55-57 Chevys...many are nice and more or less stock ( around here there are so many they get to be too common), many are not. One guy showed up with a (somehow street registered) flat black 55 gasser at a show this weekend. His wife sat next to him wearing pink ear protectors.
                      Your hurting my feelings as I own a 1966 Chevelle . When I open the hood on my Chevelle people are surprised when they see a 230 cid 6 cylinder sitting in the engine bay and not a V8.
                      John S.

Comment

Chevelles & 55-57 Chevys.

Comment

Mustangs and Corvettes are well-represented.
                          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I really sink a bit every time I see the 2008 and newer Camaro's, Challengers, and Mustangs parked among the oldies. Some older shows or events have cut offs (usually 15 or 20 years old), but many of the newer events allow anything. My problem may have to do with my increasing age more than anything else. You are seeing them more and more. I guess in a way, it's good for the hobby, but still, I think they are kind of like a bottle of $3 wine in a rack filled with vintage classics.

Comment

'57 Chevys
                              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Working...
                              X