Finally brought my 64 Daytona Wagonaire home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally brought my 64 Daytona Wagonaire home

Was not sure if this post belonged here, but please feel free to move it to the correct sub-forum.

I found this car driving around for work, it had been sitting in a warehouse for years and when the property sold they pulled it out, I was lucky enough to be driving by when they were midway through the process. It's a very rust free car, the top surfaces have lots of surface rust from bird crap falling onto it, but other than that structurally it appears very solid. The brightwork is also near perfect as it's been inside for so long. Glass is perfect and the interior is okay, save for some spots where some rodents chewed on the arm rests and seat edge.

Anyways, here's the one picture I have right now. It's originally a gold car and the interior is red. The radiator is missing but everything else looks like it's there. It's got a 289 and automatic transmission, which I have not yet tried to turn over.

So far I'm loving this little car, it seems to have so many features that other cars from the era I've owned don't have. I already bought an owners manual and grill for it, although I'm trying to not spend too much until the title is in my name.

Looks like a great find. Keep us informed as to you progress with your new project.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

'Way cool, Harry; congratulations on the find and save. 'Hope you can get it running fairly easily and you'll enjoy it even more.

Keep us posted. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I suggest putting your efforts into getting it running and stopping before spending money on appearance items.
        It does look like a great car to start with.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X