Fox and Cannon Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox and Cannon Book

Saw a copy of "The Studebaker Century" by Cannon and Fox on Ebay (currently $36 US) - checked on Amazon (7 copies ranging from 79-200 USD).
    I presume this is a good book, and wonder what a reasonable price would be $200 seems a little greedy to me. I'd probably be happy to pay (post inclusive) 80-100.

Am going to watch the Ebay auction and see how high it goes. Seem to recall reading a post about a Fred Fox book - this is the one isn't it?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

If it's anything like "Studebaker, the complete story" it's well worth a hundred or so. The complete story is my go-book for quick facts on most everything related to engine, serial and production numbers, history and the rest.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date
    $58,185.77
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 Scotsman
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

If it's anything like "Studebaker, the complete story" it's well worth a hundred or so. The complete story is my go-book for quick facts on most everything related to engine, serial and production numbers, history and the rest.

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT cost to date
      $58,185.77
      63 GT Hawk
      63 Lark 2 door
      59 Scotsman
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Actually, this is the book he's talking about. It's sure to go up in price from the current $36 bid. Luckily, I got my copy before the price shot up years ago. I wonder why the book wasn't in print longer than it was? [V]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Actually, this is the book he's talking about. It's sure to go up in price from the current $36 bid. Luckily, I got my copy before the price shot up years ago. I wonder why the book wasn't in print longer than it was? [V]

Comment

"The Studebaker Century" is not by Cannon & Fox. The Cannon & Fox book is called "Studebaker. The Complete Story".

"The Studebaker Century" is by Asa Hall and Richard Langworth.

Both are great books. The Complete Story sold on eBay a few years ago for $103.00.

My mother gave me "The Complete Story" book in 1982 and she wrote this in the inside cover. She was right about that!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

"The Studebaker Century" is not by Cannon & Fox. The Cannon & Fox book is called "Studebaker. The Complete Story".

"The Studebaker Century" is by Asa Hall and Richard Langworth.

Both are great books. The Complete Story sold on eBay a few years ago for $103.00.

My mother gave me "The Complete Story" book in 1982 and she wrote this in the inside cover. She was right about that!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

John,

If you are interested, there is a copy available at BooksnBits in Sydney for around $95 AU (around $88.46 US). If you can't locate them, drop me an e-mail and I will give you the details.

My "secret" website shows there are 5 copies available in the U.S ranging from $79.00 to $150.00.

Gary

Comment

John,

If you are interested, there is a copy available at BooksnBits in Sydney for around $95 AU (around $88.46 US). If you can't locate them, drop me an e-mail and I will give you the details.

My "secret" website shows there are 5 copies available in the U.S ranging from $79.00 to $150.00.

Gary

Comment

Check with the Studebaker National Museum gift store !

Comment

Check with the Studebaker National Museum gift store !

Comment

Thanks guys, great help. I think I'll get the one in Sydney, although it doesn't have a dustcover, unless you feel otherwise, maybe it enhances the book's value?

John Clements
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements

Comment

Thanks guys, great help. I think I'll get the one in Sydney, although it doesn't have a dustcover, unless you feel otherwise, maybe it enhances the book's value?

John Clements
                          Lockleys South Australia
                          John Clements

Comment

Working...
                          X