63 avanti radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 avanti radiator

radiator man says mine is rotten.anyone have any suggestion on new or recore any help appre. tks chas.

As long as the tanks are ok you can have it recored. Radiator cores are ordered by dimensions and whether vertical- or cross-flow. If you go that way have the radiator shop order a core with the most fins per inch available. It will be much more efficient at heat transfer.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I've had a couple recored some time ago and used in both an '82 with a 350 and in a '63 with a VERY modified Stude--no problems. If it turns out that your tanks are bad, as well, there are any number of others that will fit okay. I've gone to an AFCO aluminum in my '63.

Comment

Recoring brass radiators has gotten so pricey I think I'd also go with a new aluminum radiator if I needed one.

Comment

thanks for ur reply. ur afco rad. was it a direct fit, or other. can u tell me which one u ordered. tks for ur help. chas.

Comment

any suggestion how to order for a 63. i'm sure there is no direct fit. tks. chas.

Comment

Both Avanti SBC's but they'll give you a couple of ideas on Aluminum radiators I put in my 83 and 74.

My 1985 with HO 305 has a leaky radiator, I did some calling around about getting it recored, $600 - $700 whoa!! I talked to Mike Myers said that he believed a core from a 63 or 64 Tbird is what was used. I'm not a CASO, but it seems a mite steep to me. Are there any alternatives? One more thing my Avanti has twin cooling fans, but it seems that the temp probe is hanging loose, where does it belong? Thanks for your help in advance, HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD HOLIDAY!!! Lou Cote

Bob

Comment

I have a good used radiator

Comment

thanks barry, how much and is it good to go without rodding etc. tks chas.

Comment

Working...
                  X